BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Grey Knight Mastery Levels

So for the fact of all Grey Knights having the Hammer ability to use for combat, can you switch out that ability for something in the rule book? or are they stuck with the ability?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Delfin07 View Post
    So for the fact of all Grey Knights having the Hammer ability to use for combat, can you switch out that ability for something in the rule book? or are they stuck with the ability?
    They only have the ability that is mentioned in their army list entry. You are not allowed to exchange it unless it clearly says so.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Since it's a pre-6th codex, you need to check the FAQ. The FAQ specifies that only Inquisitors and Librarians may exchange psychic powers, everyone else is stuck with what they've got. Otherwise, GKs would probably still be as powerful as they were back in 5th.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

No. Remember that most Grey Knights can't use rulebook disciplines at all - only librarians. But librarians can never exchange Hammerhand for a rulebook power. As the [url=http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3440038a_Grey_Knights_v1.5_September_13.pdf]FAQ[/url] says:

A Grey Knights Librarian may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Grey Knights. If he does so, generate a number of psychic powers equal to his Mastery Level from the Divination, Pyromancy or Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed. If he does so he may not purchase additional powers. Hammerhand cannot be exchanged in this manner, but is instead retained in addition to the powers purchased or generated by the Librarian.