BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question Competitive collection for a Tyranids army?

Hey everyone,

Just curious what a good competitive Tyranid collection should entail. I've been out of 40K for 2 editions now and was considering coming back but have lost touch with what a solid competitive collection would entail. Basically what models and how many should I have in my repertoire to choose from?

For example:
    15 swarms
    10 gene stealers
    40 gaunts
    15 Warriors
    3 Brood Lord
    3 Tyrant Guards
    2 Carnifex's
    1 Tyrant

or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Alas, you'll have to wait 60 days for the new codex (January release). No telling which ones will be buffed and which ones will be "balanced" (nerfed).
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    Alas, you'll have to wait 60 days for the new codex (January release). No telling which ones will be buffed and which ones will be "balanced" (nerfed).
    Yeah, I'm fiending to start my Nids collection, but need to see what they've screwed with before I commit.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire to Glory View Post
    Yeah, I'm fiending to start my Nids collection, but need to see what they've screwed with before I commit.
    I'm in the exact same boat - I recently picked up the Tyranid Battleforce for almost nothing and I can't wait to get my hands on the new edition!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett