BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Q: Can I charge an enemy unit that I can’t hurt? (p20)
    A: Yes.
    There we go, FAQ.

You can charge an enemy that you can't hurt, I suppose the reason for that is if you want to mitigate them being able to charge you next turn? Or remove attack bonuses. IDK.

But it seems strange, the walker is charged by the Daemonettes. The Daemonettes can't damage the Dread, the dread attacks back, more than likely winning the combat, possibly forcing a morale check (ICR if they are Fearless or no). The next turn, the Dread can disenage if he so wishes as he cannot be locked in CC with a unit that can't hurt it.

Sounds about right?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You're not thinking of what happens when you're charged by the invincible beast are you?
    Don't think I am. I'll have to run through the BRB again and the FAQs. I'll get back to you. I *know* I heard it somewhere.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    There we go, FAQ.

You can charge an enemy that you can't hurt, I suppose the reason for that is if you want to mitigate them being able to charge you next turn? Or remove attack bonuses. IDK.

But it seems strange, the walker is charged by the Daemonettes. The Daemonettes can't damage the Dread, the dread attacks back, more than likely winning the combat, possibly forcing a morale check (ICR if they are Fearless or no). The next turn, the Dread can disenage if he so wishes as he cannot be locked in CC with a unit that can't hurt it.

Sounds about right?
    Yup. That's what I remember. Also, I've seen a few guys pull this maneuver in game videos on MWG.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

The next turn, the Dread can disenage if he so wishes as he cannot be locked in CC with a unit that can't hurt it.

Sounds about right?
    Vehicles are not locked in combat, but Walkers are.

Occuli Imperator

Vehicles are not locked in combat, but Walkers are.
    I was thinking of the our weapons are useless rule, but it is only for the weaker unit.

Ah Ha!

Right, the FAQ relates to the rules on pg.20 hence the reference. So you can assault a unit you can not hurt, generally.
    Now assaulting vehicles, which a walker is, is a special case so we go to pg.76. That page says you cannot assault a vehicle you cannot hurt.

So, the Walker cannot be assaulted because the unit cannot hurt the vehicle.

Had they had a plus 1 strength bonus on the charge they could assault the vehicle in round one, but no subsequently. So they could then in the subsequent round they could use rule p26 Our Weapons Are Useless Rule to try and disengage.

It does seem strange that the weaker unit can choose to disengage from the stronger, but the stronger can't choose to ingnore them.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Sergeant

It is true that they could not charge in the first place, but a Daemonette cannot use "Our Weapons Are Useless" because of Daemonic Instability. They always automatically pass Morale Tests, even in combat, instead they have a special rule that causes more casualties. Daemon's never fall back. Not even with Terrify ;p

I think the main reason to keep you from charging vehicles you can't hurt is so you can't gain extra movement. Daemonettes charge a landraider to get that much closer with no overwatch worries. Works for dreads though too.

Occuli Imperator

Only they can't do it as they cannot charge things they can't at least glance, so the rules make sense. Though it would be good for the stronger unit to choose to disengage..

Veteran-Sergeant

Only they can't do it as they cannot charge things they can't at least glance, so the rules make sense. Though it would be good for the stronger unit to choose to disengage..
    my point exactly the dread should have a "your weapons are worthless" rule or something similar so they can just disengage - it would also be more fluffy as the dread could jsut stomp them and not be locked in combat

also - on a side note - whats the point of heavy flamers on dreads if you cant use them in CC with said dread? im sure i saw a cgi of a dread grabbing an ork and flaming it - cant find it now but that kinda is what i want my dread to be able to do.

thanks again for the discussion guys

/k

Occuli Imperator

That cgi is from the intro to Dawn of War, the pc video game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast