BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Template weapons against vehicles!

So ladies and gents if I shoot a flame weapon at a vehicles side armour but it also covers its rear armour do I resolve the hit against the side facing the shot or the lowest value the template covers? It came up recently when I shot a flame storm cannon at a fire prism. I was slightly behind and to the side of it and using the rule book armour facing diagram it was the side armour I hit. However the rear armour was also painted with flame/template. It was my opponent who raised the point after I rolled a 5 to penetrate and he told me it would be a penetrating nit on the rear armour! It did not sit well with me though and we decided to resolve it against the side armour! I know I’m a gentleman!

So what do you think folks?

Many thanks.

Chapter-Master

The side you hit is the side the shooter is in, or mostly in. It doesn't matter if you can overlap another facing with the template, just like it doesn't matter if you can draw LOS to another facing with your gun. You shoot the facing you are in.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Whichever facing is covered 51% or more by the template, then that's the side you roll against.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Katharon is incorrect. electricpaladin is correct. Its possible to have a model one inch from a rhino side hatch and lay a template so the entire rear of the rhino is covered. But your model is in the side arch and thus hits side armor. NOT rear just because more of the template covers it.

Chapter-Master

To use warmachine terms, the model is the point of origin for the damage, not the template. Since the origin, the model, is in the side arc, it hits the side arch.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Thanks gents... as I thought.