BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Without doing research the internet was out back than. I remember my dad letting me use it back in 86 and I used it heavily in 94. Save to say it's been around since the 70s or earlier, have to find out for civilian use. Anyway besides the slow downloads almost everything was free on the net.

Genestealers in 3rd was rather bad. If you didn't kill them in shooting they could wipe out an entire army, found that out with my broodlord when it was easy not to be seen when you infiltrated, damn tlos.

I think the Jareco monkey is broken. If it was an IC it would be the most broken model in 40k.

Virus Grenade Page 76 of wargear

This is the shorten version.
    2" Radius. Throw it kills a non protected model on a 3+ .
    So it doesn't work on vehicles, space marines, terminators.
    When a model is killed roll a D6 to see how far the virus spreads,
    on a 4+ the next model in line dies at it spreads the virus, You
    may need to test multiple times for a single model.

So yes on virus grenade could wipe out an entire non space marine army.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    Anything with a re-rollable 2+ save....
    This. Period.

Considering how fast they jumped on the condemnor issue with SoBs , they no excuse for allowing 2++ REROLLABLE to exist .

Luckily, I only play casually, so I have the option to refuse to play such a douchebag.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Without doing research the internet was out back than. I remember my dad letting me use it back in 86 and I used it heavily in 94. Save to say it's been around since the 70s or earlier, have to find out for civilian use. Anyway besides the slow downloads almost everything was free on the net.
    Ahem.

It's just super for you that your father let you use it back in '86. It's also just super that you had access to it back in '94. It's also just super that you took a colloquial phrase I was using casually in a conversational context, and decided to get real punctilious about it.

I wonder, once you've found out exactly when the internet was available, you could also do the research and find out when the first online FAQ GW published for 40K was made available. I'm hoping it's some time around the release of 2nd ed 40K in 1993, so that the specific date the internet was available for civilian use is in some way relevant to this conversation.

Because otherwise, that would mean you were being incredibly patronising for no good reason, and I'm sure someone with your obvious attention to important little details knows how unpleasant it feels to be patronised.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Been around since 1960, 1980s was usable by civilians, 1995 was when the internet was wide spread and was starting to be used as a medium alike TV.

Was too lazy to see when the first FAQ was published. Not like they couldn't had made a magazine to publish said materials. Like some companies did, or reprinted the material with corrections like some companies do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Been around since 1960, 1980s was usable by civilians, 1995 was when the internet was wide spread and was starting to be used as a medium alike TV.

Was too lazy to see when the first FAQ was published. Not like they couldn't had made a magazine to publish said materials. Like some companies did, or reprinted the material with corrections like some companies do as well.
    I wonder when this guy is going to catch on that nobody cares.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Was too lazy to see when the first FAQ was published.
    So, you agree the availability of the internet is not remotely relevant to this discussion then?

Good to know we agree completely.

I wonder when this guy is going to catch on that nobody cares.
    Only when he feels he has finally won this thread, I suspect.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 11-30-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Librarian

I started in third, but tried to play second edition with space wolves and a friend having Harlequins... being immune to panic checks and/or re-rolling morale stuff didn't help against the acrobatic nature of a single harlequin with a Kiss taking down 1/2 your army, which allowed the Avatar to "nut-punt" your Wolf Lord...

Of course, Space Wolves could equip every Terminator in their army with a Cyclone, Assault Cannon, and Chainfist (in the days before Unwieldy). They had a 3+ save on 2D6.

Oh, and Cyclones fired single Super-Krak missiles. They were like modern Krak missiles, only with a half-inch diameter blast template. Not so bad.

Apart from the fact you could combine them into a salvo. Every missile in the salco increased the blast radius by half an inch. You could add as many missiles as you wanted, as long as you had some left. The Cyclone came with sixteen.

That's a Krak missile with an 8" blast marker.

If you had a squad of five Wolf Guard, all with Cyclones, things became insane. After the nuclear blast destroyed 90% of your army, five unkillable Terminators would cut swatches through your army with Assault Cannon fire and Chainfists that struck at I4.

Madness.

Couldn't take that combo, not without cheating.

Cyclone Targetter replaced the Powerfist, and couldn't be further swapped.

And a WD FAQ prevented cyclone and assault cannon.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast