BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Codex: Inquisition - the Inquisitors

Something that has been bothering me of late in regards to the new eCodex that details the Inquisition, is the Inquisitor HQs -- specifically the non-special character ones (Ignore Coteaz, etc). I'm bothered by the fact that for a model that is lore-defined as an individual capable of gaining any piece of equipment for use, requisitioning Imperial Guard regiments, and even having the power to bend the ears of Space Marine Chapter Masters...we're given only a set amount of builds for each Inquisitor.

Instead of an Inquisitor having access to the entire Inquisition Armory (which they should have as defined by the lore), they are given only a set number of builds -- some of which are rather useless or stupid. Now some people may try to gainsay me by saying that if they opened it up to Inquisitors using anything they wanted, then I would have the reply to that: "Hey, I have to pay the points to get what I want -- it's not free."

Obviously there would be some restrictions to gear, in the case of the different Ordos. An Ordo Xenos Inquisitor is not likely to be seen walking around with an Ordo Malleus' daemonblade, nor an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor shooting witches with an Ordo Xenos' conversion beamer or alien-tech. Those are the only restrictions that should have been placed upon what wargear is available to the Inquisitiors of the various Ordos.

It's not a bad supplement, but it could have been so much better.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

I still don't understand why there isn't a Storm Shield option...With Grey knights i understand (Sword n' Board would give a 2+ invul in CC), but with inquisitors who can get Terminator Armour. Why not???

Right but, if they just made the Grey Knights with TH & SS like they use to be, and NOT have the option of switching out the wargear
    like it used to be, then that would be fine

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

***** more loyalists, ***** more!

seriously, just no, no no no.
    where do I begin....NO!

and riddle me this, why does huron blackheart NOT have assault cannons, plasma cannons, land speeders, and other post heresy tech?
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-30-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I've never complained about Riptides being overpowered. I've never gone on a rant about Jetseer Councils or whatever else is "broken" this week. But there is one thing that GW have written that is setting me off, and it's this book. They've basically created something that is an auto-pick for all Imperial armies. There is no reason not to get an Inquisitor. Cheap psyker that with the addition of insultingly cheap servo skulls can take away the power of scouting from your opponent, pretty much entirely. Infiltrate too, in large part. Once this spreads, I cannot imagine facing an IG army without an Inquisitor. Be there for a number of other armies too, I would imagine.

and riddle me this, why does huron blackheart NOT have assault cannons, plasma cannons, land speeders, and other post heresy tech?
    Because Chaos doesn't have access to Forge Worlds. Because The Warp is a dangerous place to live. Because by choosing to leave the Imperium and live as a pirate whose ships dock in a place that is, to all intents and purposes, Hell, your vessels and equipment tend to undergo significantly more wear and tear. Plus, there's no replacement parts anywhere.

Chaos only gets the technology that is easy to replace - autocannon, flamers, etc... All the high-tech stuff wears out, and can't be replaced, because Chaos only respects strength, and all those scientists weren't very strong. The only reason you get bolters is because that's the gun Marines are taught to make themselves.

Assault Cannon, Plasma Cannon, anti-gravity mechanisms... all these require serious technical know-how, and the Dark Mechanicus owe you absolutely no fealty whatsoever - this ain't the Imperium. You want something from them, you have to barter, and even then, they're not going to give you the good stuff, because let's be honest: would you give an insane megalomaniac who you know for a fact was a serious planetary dictator the good stuff?

"Oh sure, Tyrant of Badab. Have the secrets of plasma tech and the necessary men to maintain it. Hey; why are you invading and conquering my world with it?"

Chaos is not the Imperium. The price of all those whizzy powers and demonic strength is the loss of technology.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    ***** more loyalists, ***** more!

seriously, just no, no no no.
    where do I begin....NO!

Believe me, I'd love for them to have a Space Marine Renegades supplement for cases like Huron -- more modern day Chapter Masters and leaders who have turned from the Emperor's Grace long after the Heresy is over. I could see the potential for some interesting things.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I have wondered why there is no option for inquisitor grav guns. After all it was probably tech liberated by ordo xenos, and useful for taking down heretics sporting power and terminator armour.

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Even just having access to their own Inquisitorial armoury?!

An acolyte gets cooler wargear.....it just doesn't make sense.

I'm not asking for dual chainfist Termie Inquisitors sporting the latest cyclone missile launcher with a jump pack.....but he should be able to access a rosarius if his priest can....or a stormshield if a crusader can.....or even a storm bolter?! But nope....this just detracts from what an Inquisitor is supposed to be able do in the fluff.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

I agree grav tech options would had made sense with the options you get from the Grey Knight book. I can see why no storm shield. Even with a shield thouhh I doubt they would be as good as the super duper captains the marines can have now.

One day I'll see the codex, but until than oh well.