BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Where does the Heresy have to go from here?

Now that the Horus Heresy has covered Prospero, Calth, Signus Prime, the Dark Angels schism and Isstvaan (though it's still bogged down there, looking at you Vulkan) I can't think of any more major engagements they need to cover. Anyone got any speculation on where the series is going? And whether we'll ever reach Terra?

EDIT: I suppose there's Tallarn but it looks like that's just a novella treatment.

Banned

The 'big' Tallarn battle has always been post-Terra - hope it stays that way. Personally I suspect padding... a lot of padding.

Brother-Captain

We all know where it's going -- we've known the ending since the beginning -- but it's just a question of how many books before we reach that end. There's a whole universe of lore and background to cover, a lot of beloved characters to follow, and the beginning of an eternity of war for us all to inhabit in the grim dark future.

Sit back and stop looking at the clock. Want a mojito?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

I'll bet it'll take us right up to the point of Horus lowering his shields on his ship then romantically fade away, because we know the next part so well, and then it'll pick up in the aftermath some time later, maybe chronicle abandons rise to power in his own series, then maybe onward to the age of apostasy.
    Innocence Proves Nothing

Brother-Sergeant

As far as how they get there? Still haven't dealt with with the expunged legions and the primarchs keep hinting at them in the heresy. Shotgun on the fireplace you know... The black library may play nice and write out what's been foreshadowed instead of this huge tease! And why not? If they go ahead and use this ace in the hole plot device, it'll make a huge profit, revamp the entire series
    Innocence Proves Nothing

They won't. They said they won't. They said they regret even those innocent "non-hints" about them. The two lost chapters will never be touched on. Never ever.

Vulkan's moved way on from Isstvan, dude.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thebasementgamer View Post
    They won't. They said they won't. They said they regret even those innocent "non-hints" about them. The two lost chapters will never be touched on. Never ever.
    Legions

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Secret of the 'lost' Legions?

When the Design Studio were first working on the Horus Heresy background (late 80's, possibly very early 90's), they left two blank so people could come up with their own Legion and heraldry. Chapters in the modern day do the same thing on a far grander scale, ditto Chaos Warbands.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks