BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    This all just makes i laff. Im kind of glad i dont game 40k anymore. The models and fluff are great, the game seems to be losing any form of refinement very quickly. Sure in your own groups you can refine what is used, but in pickup games versus a stranger its become "anything goes".
    If you are not in the hobby anymore why are you making comments in a games workshop Christmas bonuses thread?

For anyone else who has the rules: Is this formation interesting and flavourful? Does it make fielding a large non-scoring points sink tempting or advantageous?

Librarian

I think a data slate should take up a slot on the FOC so the storm wing would be a fast attack option or the fire base a heavy slot, makes it a bit more balanced imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GravesDisease View Post
    If you are not in the hobby anymore why are you making comments in a games workshop Christmas bonuses thread?

For anyone else who has the rules: Is this formation interesting and flavourful? Does it make fielding a large non-scoring points sink tempting or advantageous?
    In point of fact. I still love the hobby. I still buy the models and paint them. I dont play 40k at the moment as i am happy with the hobby part and im not up on 6th ed yet. So yeah i comment on gw stuff. Funny that eh.

Chaplain

At least Space Wolves now have decent assortment of flyers without paying for allied HQ and Troops,

I am curious if the rules for Formations consider them as a form of Allied Detachment does that mean they cannot be used as a transport even if taken from the same codex as the one of the Primary or Allied detachments, (essentially Stormraven cannot be used as a transport at all)

First-Captain

So are these advent rules, "Official," or do they need opponents permission?
    For the Greater good.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Exactly my question.
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

There really isn't anything that is permission only, other than forgeworld experimental rules which specifically state that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    No more than forgeworld or codex units require.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Which is to say you can refuse like any other game, you just don't get a convenient excuse beyond 'I dont feel like playing against a fifth riptide' .
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

These new "Dataslate" formation rules require even less permission from your opponent than Forgeworld stuff. You know why? Because it isn't Forgeworld!

Look at it this way, if I bring my Adepta Sororitas army to my local game store for a pickup game would it be reasonable for my opponent to only accept me playing with the old White Dwarf codex or is it normal and expected that he would be okay with me using the updated rules that I bought and downloaded from the Black Library (or Apple Store)? I can't imagine ANYONE forcing me to use the old White Dwarf rules or even the old Witch Hunters codex because they have a phobia against digital media.

Now, If I wanted to use the new Escalation or Stronghold assault I agree that I would have to get my opponent's approval ahead of time since it changes the basic game so much, but I wouldn't think twice about even asking him if it would be okay to use a "Dataslate" formation. Come to think about it, I would inform him that I was excited about using this new formation just in case he had never heard of digital downloads. I wouldn't ask for permission though. I wouldn't ever imply to him that he had the option of telling me I couldn't use it.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast