BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Would you use non-GW models in your army?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: I like a little visual variety in my collection

173 84.80%
  • NO: Thats just not kosher

31 15.20%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I'll have a look, its more I was looking for legs that fitted in with the rest of my Savlar Chemdogs army...

Librarian

My Ork army's vehicles are made up exclusively from Tamiya and Italeri 1/35th scale models - cheaper and more detailed than GW's offerings, and they give it a distinct appearance. So, yes. Definitely.

All of my stuff is strictly GW, because I have severe hobby OCD. That said, I don't mind or blame others for accenting their armies with non-GW stuff.

Chaplain

I've never liked the use of WWII or current day armor kits in WH40K. They look like, well, modified WWII armor kits and just don't seem to fit in.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    I've never liked the use of WWII or current day armor kits in WH40K. They look like, well, modified WWII armor kits and just don't seem to fit in.
    Have you ever taken a look at the Valhallans, Death Korp of Krieg (WWI), Armageddon Steel Legion, or Harakoni Warhawks? WWII models fit quite nicely into the other models so long as they are 28-30mm in size and are equipped with either GW-lasguns or well modified green stuff analogs.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

picking up some of dream forges troops hopefully for christmas they will become my veteran guardsmen with carapace. honestly i do not feel sorry for GW on this one. You don't make models for actual models let alone upgrades and weapons it's only fair that if someone else picks up the slack then so be it. i know i will have no problems using them to represent carapace.

Brother-Sergeant

Part of the buzz for me is seeing new models (non-GW), keeps the spice in the hobby

Plus, i'd be a massive hypocrite not allowing them on the table given just how many i've accumulated from various sources over the years. My hat goes off to the Russians though, my god they know how to sculpt sensational miniatures - often with more detail than GW can muster (all in their spare time!). Example below;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP+JB+Warlock.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	6024

Name:	WIP+Shining+Spear.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	6025

Name:	Bonesinger+Master.JPG