BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just wait till they get to Alpharius, then you'll see a boring Primach model.

"Primarch Alpharius (£55.00) -- this 25mm scenic base fits any of our Mk IV armor sets and has 'I am Alpharius' inscribed on the underside, representing the legendary trickery of the lord of the XX Legion."
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

I think you maybe surprised by that, possibly alpharius and omegon together on a scenic base.
    Im looking forward to that.

Chaplain

The alpharius and omegon model is actually part of a battle force box set. You get 100 identical looking models. You have to figure out which ones are the primarchs.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    The alpharius and omegon model is actually part of a battle force box set. You get 100 identical looking models. You have to figure out which ones are the primarchs.
    Not bad for £55...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

That's only the price you know you are paying though. The hydra strikes with many heads, some less visible than others...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Not bad for £55...
    Hell yeah i'll have a few of that box at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Not going to lie, I think that model looks like crap. That chest piece makes him look like a fattie and the armor itself is lacking in the kind of decoration I pictured when reading the description of his armor in "First Heretic."
    Don't judge the model based on a picture from a camera phone in a badly lit area, this one was painted in a hurry by Mark Bedford so they could show it at Games Day Uk, the model is gorgeous, the detailing on it is ridiculously intricate, every surface of the armour is decorated and even has the tattooed script on his head. He isn't animated because (SPOILERS) this is him before his apotheosis, here he is the plotter, the Primarch who has been the architect of this entire rebellion, not the powerful warrior and psyker seen on the cover of Betrayer, the model is really intimidating and creepy and oozes atmosphere.

Chapter-Master

The model itself looks great, but like I said above, I have to agree that I don't like the potbelly look.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

maybe most of details were lost by painting.

for example, when i have bought Erebus and kor paheron i haven't noted some details from directly forge world site for the same reason. i have realised that models had more details only when they arrived at home.

so i have trust for the next Lorgar. we'll see soon

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Don't judge the model based on a picture from a camera phone in a badly lit area, this one was painted in a hurry by Mark Bedford so they could show it at Games Day Uk, the model is gorgeous, the detailing on it is ridiculously intricate, every surface of the armour is decorated and even has the tattooed script on his head. He isn't animated because (SPOILERS) this is him before his apotheosis, here he is the plotter, the Primarch who has been the architect of this entire rebellion, not the powerful warrior and psyker seen on the cover of Betrayer, the model is really intimidating and creepy and oozes atmosphere.
    Did I say anything about the cover of "Betrayer"? Also, in case you missed it when reading through the HH, he already is a powerful warrior and psyker before his fall to Chaos. HE'S A FREAKING PRIMARCH. And this model really fails in my opinion to display that might or majesty. I'm not blaming the camera either.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast