BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Digital Copies & Tournaments

How are TO dealing with Digital Copies? Do you expect the players to bring the hard copies of the books, or is digital copies just accepted.
    We are holding a tournament in January and the question has come up as one of our players has the collectors edition of the book and does not want people handling it but he has also purchased the digital copies. I had mentioned that I would like the players to have the codices and rulebook and only supplements we were excepting were the hard copy versions. I know that kills our SOB players which we have none. How are all the other TO dealing with this?

well, Where possible I plan on ONLY buying digital editions, so I am biased... but Im also not a TO

Brother-Captain

two camps on this likely. one is gw published ebooks, which should be legal, and then bootleg pdfs, which shouldnt be legal (in the game setting, and in the realm of copyright.) if its a legit gw produced product, how can a TO not allow it?

Battle-Brother

It's an official product. How can they not allow it? That would be like saying they wouldn't allow storm ravens or night spinners because they were in white dwarf before the became a codex entry. If GW released it and it's current well there you go.

If I were a TO, I'd encourage the use of digital copies over hard copies. Faster rules references, and the errata gets added in.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    If I were a TO, I'd encourage the use of digital copies over hard copies. Faster rules references, and the errata gets added in.
    Not everyone can afford to buy the newest iPad.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Not everyone can afford to buy the newest iPad.
    Not everyone can afford the newest codex. As long as the person brings a digital copy for the other player to see what's the deal?

Chapter-Master

His point is, what if neither player can afford an ipad? If you buy your own codex, that's a relatively low expensive. As long as you have your own codex, no one has to spend several hundred dollars. Everyone brings their own codices, and all the relevant rules are present, for much, much cheaper than forcing people to buy ipads. I will never buy an ipad, and if a tournament decides to require one, I just won't go to that tournament. I can afford one, sure. But I've got better things to waste money on. Like Katharon says, requiring people to buy an ipad is a massive barrier to entry.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

I wouldn't get an iPad, but that is because I believe in a free market economy...

But there are other readers out there.

I think both should be fine as has been said previously they are both official GW.

To mandate one form over another just seems a little strange.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

For a couple of tournaments I'm running next year, I am allowing the digital products, but they must be the original GW publications, not just pdfs of them. I'm also going to be quite strict that they must have the rules with them or they can't use the models, which means that if they run out of battery, they can't use the models. I'm making my players well aware of this before the event, so it is their responsibility to ensure they have full battery
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast