BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Scout

I'm seriously thinking about acquiring the ONLY Digital version of the Upcoming Tyranid Codex, the reason is the horrific amount of FAQ's GW comes up with, often on the same day as the published book. And I HATE having to carry around a print out FAQ stack equally too an inch of paper. So digital codex with automatic FAQ updates sound like a bliss to me!
    I love reading paper books, and dislike reading digital books, so maybe a selected printout from the Digital codex is possible my best solution.

Sadly GW is way to high-priced about there Digital products (and physical books), that i'm thinking on going "pirate", until I atleast can see how much FAQ are needed to make the physical book playable.

Does anyone know if you can actually print from the iPad Digital Codex?

Battle-Brother

Digital is the way to go for me, the ability to carry around all my codexes, the rule book and any of these new formation data sheets on one handy tablet is just fantastic. The updates when the FAQs come along are great too.
    I'm just waiting for GW to release a dice app, a camera operated template app that over lays the blast template using the camera, snap a picture and then use the the dice app to see if it hits or not. The app could even scatter the template in the direction and distance the dice says it should be. Oh and a digital tape measure app.
    “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I'm just waiting for GW to release a dice app, a camera operated template app that over lays the blast template using the camera, snap a picture and then use the the dice app to see if it hits or not. The app could even scatter the template in the direction and distance the dice says it should be. Oh and a digital tape measure app.
    No thanks.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I've never known anyone to be douche-bag enough to edit a digital copy to make their units stronger. That's so dumb because the rules can be checked with a second and third copy. If 1 of these things is not like the other...you get the drill. But that is totally different from questioning the providence of a eCodex or supplement -- you're talking about a different issue altogether.
    Thing is, as an opponent you need to know to query.

For instance, someone fields say, Sternguard. And alters their digital copy (somehow, dunno how you'd do that meself) to include a 2 point per model upgrade to Artificer armour. List shows points are paid, and *poof* Sternguard appear to be allowed Artificer Armour as an upgrade. Not everone is au fait with every army (I try to be, and own a copy of every Codex except Blood Angels, which I always forget I'm missing when spending my pennies) so a small but significant change, especially when not outside the realms of the background expectation could feasibly be slipped past most players.

Because the change there is plausible, many players wouldn't know to question it, allowing the charade to continue.

Likewise everyone's least favourite Orky unit (on account they're forever wrecking our stuffs), Lootas. If I altered it to show they could have an upgrade to 'Eavy Armour, being Lootas, it doesn't sound out of whack....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I guess being the person I am, I've always been pretty good at collecting information and retaining it for future use in my head. Once I've seen something I'll usually remember it. So when I hear something, like a guy claiming a 2+ armor save on Sternguard or Lootas having heavy armor -- I instantly begin asking questions and to see evidence of proof; my cynicism kicks in, so to speak. Changes like that would not get run by me.

Especially since every player has the right to ask their opponent to see their codex and show them proof. If for some reason a player is not familiar, then ask a 3rd party. If two people know something is wrong about a 3rd persons assertions or codex, then its fair to bring up an argument about it or call the person out on their BS.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456