BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Iron Warrior 1500p

Hi everyone. As i writted in another post, i have a Iron Warriors army, and this is one of the list i maked. Please comment all you want

Chaos lord w/ daemon weapon: 130p

10 CSM, one is a AC w/ powerfist, 2 flamethrower and IOCG: 210p
    Chaos rhino: 35p

10 CSM, one is a AC w/ powerblade, 2 meltaguns and IOCG: 210p

10 CSM, one is a AC w/ powerblade, 2 meltaguns and IOCG: 210p

7 CSM, one is a AC w/ powerfist, and IOCG: 155p (Chaos lord is inside this squad)

Chaos dreadnought w/ heavy flamethrower and extra CCW

Chaos dreadnought w/ extra CCW

Chaos vindicator: 125p

Chaos vindicator: 125p

Chaplain

Close Combat Weapon.

This list is Fail.

Lord is poor at best, may as well be a Lash Sorc.

37 Nilla CSM are weak-***.

Improve by replacing with Death Guard, Zerks or even Noise Marines. Only reason to take so many is in a Bile army, and he's weaksauce.

Power Weapons also poo. Fists, or no Champ. I recommend the latter.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

I see, but actually this is a non cult troops list. That's why i don't use a non-marked HQ for example.
    But about the number, i don't think 37 plus chaos lord isn't enough infantery. A list with cult troops have less people than this one.

Chaplain

It really depends on what the list's for. As I assume Tournament, I don't recommend it.

Certainly you have more guys than most CSM lists...than many SM lists too. The only thing is, PM in particular are worth about 1 1/2 CSM. Also, Iron Warriors mean MOAR OBLITS!!!!
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Well, switch the dreadnoughts and vindicators for obliterators, and it's done. Just this time i prefered use a lot of vehicles.

Chaplain

Yeah, just for a fun game, it's very fluffy, and works. It's just that I don't think Nilla CSM armies can be really competitive...I'd love someone to prove me wrong by writing a great one - but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree that this list really needs Obliterators and doesn't need the Chaos Dreadnoughts (I think they are only fun in Apocalypse games where they can be used en masse to cause real chaos, lol).

I also think that your Chaos Lord needs a little more oomph if you plan on doing the Rhino Rush.

-- MKerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Chaplain

Bear in mind that Chaos Dreads don't shoot things behind them. Most commonly misunderstood rule.