BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Sicaran battle tank is it a relic of the armoury?

as i do not have the IA2 book yet its currently being shipped i was wondering if anyone who has the book knows if its a relic of the armoury or if its just a tank? i know the storm eagle is a regular flier where as the fire raptor is a relic so with that said i was curious as to the status of the Sicaran?

Doesn't the contents page say Relic Sicaran Battle tank for it's entry? I would have thought that would imply that it is indeed a relic vehicle. Unfortunately, I do not have the book, so I cannot comment more than that.

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/IA2_contents.jpg[/url]

Librarian

well the leaked rules had the fire raptor as a relic but its not listed as a relic just as a fire raptor gunship that's why i asked. once has a pdf rule set that states its a relic of the armoury and the other has an entry stating its just a gunship.

Thus the confusion on if the sicaran is going to be counted as a relic or they are just stating that its a relic. heck relic blades are called relic but there aren't any speial rules stating that you can only have one per army.

Librarian

I have book. It is a relic vehicle. Also one of the legacies of glory is perfect for it.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Librarian

hmm well i am in the states so i have no idea if my book will even be here before christmas but i was wondering if you could tell me if there is anything preventing the use of both the raptor and the sicaran in the same list? from what i saw in the experimental rules you could take 0-1 fire raptor i didnt read anything saying you could only have one relic of the armoury?

The relevant section of the Relic of the Armoury Rule from the Fire Raptor's experimental rules PDF, which is still on its entry on FW's website

One Relic of the Armoury may be taken in the army’s primary detachment,
    within the usual provisions of the army list. Further Relic vehicles may be
    chosen, in which case the detachment must also include a Keeper of Relics
    purchased as an HQ choice. This character must be a Master of the Forge
    in a Codex: Space Marines army, an Interrogator-Chaplain in a Codex:
    Dark Angels army, a Reclusiarch in a Codex: Blood Angels army, a Rune
    Priest with the Saga of the Beastslayer in a Codex: Space Wolves army, or
    a Warpsmith in a Codex: Chaos Space Marines army

So, if both the Fire Raptor and Relic Sicaran Battle Tank have the Relic of the Armoury special rule(and that rules hasn't changed in IA2:2ndEd)., they can only be taken in your primary detachment, you can normally only take one vehicle with that special rule, and if you want any additional vehicles with that rule you need the HQ choice that matches your army in your primary detachment.

So if your primary detachment was Codex: Space Marines, you could take a Fire Raptor and a Sicaran, or any number of either, if you had a Master of the Forge, but only one vehicle period with the rule without him.

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    I have book. It is a relic vehicle. Also one of the legacies of glory is perfect for it.
    May I ask which?

Librarian

The Battle of Sarosh - 30pts.

Main weapon is 48" Str7 AP4 heavy 6, rending, no jink saves.

This gives you once per game one of the vehicles weapons gains Skyfire, interceptor, tank hunters and night vision. This must be declared before rolls to hit.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Thanks.It's exactly the same, I was thinking about