BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which is the best Eldar Troop type?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kabalite Warriors

6 6.98%
  • Wyches

3 3.49%
  • Wracks

0 0%
  • Hellions

0 0%
  • Guardians/Storm Guardians

9 10.47%
  • Windrider Jetbikes

23 26.74%
  • Dire Avengers

19 22.09%
  • Rangers/Pathfinders

3 3.49%
  • Wraithguard

20 23.26%
  • Wraithblades

3 3.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which is the best Eldar Troop Choice?

Well?

For me, it's probably Wraithguard. A scary, scary statline. Kabalites are a very close second; so many Poisoned shots, and with excellent special weapon choices.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

You should have put a definitive line between Dark Eldar and Eldar. They are not the same armies. I personally hate the direction that the Allies Matrix has made, where there is a fogging over of the true, lore-backed tensions and hatred between the Dark Eldar and the Craftworld Eldar.

Best Craftworld Eldar Troop Choice
    Iyanden Craftworld Wraithguard

Best Dark Eldar Troop Choice
    Wyches
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Well depends on Edition as well.

There was a time (many years ago and before the great Eldar nerfing by GW) when the lowly Eldar Guardian was the best.

But then they got nerfed by GW and well they have sucked petty bad since then.

But to get Eldar players to play with Dire Avengers GW gave back 6" on their range. But in 8th Edition GW double the cost of them.

Just got to love GW.

I take it that Wave Serpents are not a choice?

Without Wave Serpents considered, the Jetbikes are clearly the best. With other troop choices opening up access to Wave Serpents, it's a lot tougher choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    You should have put a definitive line between Dark Eldar and Eldar. They are not the same armies. I personally hate the direction that the Allies Matrix has made, where there is a fogging over of the true, lore-backed tensions and hatred between the Dark Eldar and the Craftworld Eldar.

Best Craftworld Eldar Troop Choice
    Iyanden Craftworld Wraithguard

Best Dark Eldar Troop Choice
    Wyches
    I don't know - I like Eldar and Dark Eldar being able to ally well. Family is family even if you don't get on and they share a lot of the same needs and enemies. Chaos is a threat to both of them, they just have different ways of dealing with it and non-DE Eldar are not necessarily 'good', they just restrict themselves from excess out of a need to stop their own destruction. I know they fight in some if the fiction, but the division seems as much one of approach to life as it does bad blood and conflicting aims.

Edit: Oh yeah - DAs, Guardians (not Storm) and WraithBLADES.

Chaplain

Ten Dire Avengers, preferably but not exclusively, in a Wave Serpent every time.

I have to agree that the Dark Eldar shouldn't be included in a poll about Eldar, after all you wouldn't ask the same question about Space Marine/Chaos Space Marine.

As a footnote, in my experience, Rangers are awful.
    The only reason I ever field them is that I really like the models.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by knas ser View Post
    I don't know - I like Eldar and Dark Eldar being able to ally well. Family is family even if you don't get on and they share a lot of the same needs and enemies. Chaos is a threat to both of them, they just have different ways of dealing with it and non-DE Eldar are not necessarily 'good', they just restrict themselves from excess out of a need to stop their own destruction. I know they fight in some if the fiction, but the division seems as much one of approach to life as it does bad blood and conflicting aims.
    They should be "Allies of Convenience" not "Battle Brothers." Being able to ally is fine, but they are not bosom buddies.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

You should have put a definitive line between Dark Eldar and Eldar. They are not the same armies.
    No.

This is 6th edition. Ignoring Allies is a personal choice, not how the game is played.

I personally hate the direction that the Allies Matrix has made, where there is a fogging over of the true, lore-backed tensions and hatred between the Dark Eldar and the Craftworld Eldar.
    Your personal hatred is not mine. I really like it. The Democrats may hate the Republicans unto death and vice versa, but they all celebrate Thanksgiving.

Me against my brother. My brother and I against my father. My father and I against my uncle. My uncle and I against the stranger.

They should be "Allies of Convenience" not "Battle Brothers." Being able to ally is fine, but they are not bosom buddies.
    They're not. The game is the game. Like it or don't, but the rules say they're Battle Brothers, so that means the voting is valid.

I'm running my Dark Eldar Haemonculi coven with Wraithguard allies; seems a perfect match to me - zombie horrors and necromancy. If other people wanna be running Space Elves, fair enough. I'll have my Cavalcade of Nightmares.

There was a time (many years ago and before the great Eldar nerfing by GW) when the lowly Eldar Guardian was the best.
    You DO know that the Eldar are a top-tier codex now? That the Wave Serpent is amazing, Karandras can butcher Terminators without breaking a sweat, and that the codex overall is well beyond nerfed? Even Swooping Hawks (Swooping Hawks!) are awesome now, after being complete garbage since their inception.

This is before you add Dark Eldar...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

And their last codex was full of cheese, until the edition change left them in the dust.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Have to say 1st threw third edition regular guardians. 4th threw current Dire Avengers. I've lost entire squads of Marines to Blade storm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast