BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Gargantuan Creatures in CC Apoc Question

I seem to remember that Gargantuan Creatures cannot get lock in combat, however I can not seem to find where this is written. Am I right or just confused, if I am right where is that written?

Banned

They weren't able to be in 1st ed Apoc, and it was very explicit about it so you're right that you have read it. However that rule is no longer in Apoc with the new edition, they (and SH walkers) can now be locked down in HtH.

Yes indeed! So now you CAN charge a Titan and prevent it from shooting for the rest of the game if you're lucky. And the FAQ allowing a puny unit to charge another unit they cannot hurt really helps to negate the brutal Strength D weapons running amok all over the table. Fast little units will be very handy for that purpose (bare bones Flesh Hounds or Screamers for example).
    It also means FMCs become very good, as they will most likely not be killed by the superheavy in combat except for a lucky Stomp attack....until it gets destroyed and the Strength D center of a the Apocalyptic Megablast goes off!

Librarian

With regard to assaulting a Titan remember -
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?37496-Question-regarding-walker-being-assaulted-by-unit-that-cant-hurt-it[/url]
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.