BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Dark Heresy - lets do it!

Recently several of the 40k threads have touched on the idea of starting a Dark Heresy game. I would be willing to organize/coordinate the game, though I refuse to act as Gamemaster (I have tried it in other games, and it has been an abysmal failure). So let's see what kind of interest there actually is, if you would be interested in playing let's hear it!
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Abbess Sanctorum

I could play or DM, though I'm only available for a game on tuesdays and saturdays-- I already have games running on sundays, mondays, wednesdays, and fridays, and I have other obligations on thursdays.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

I'd love to play DH but I study during the day and work nights, so I couldn't really commit to a regular time, sorry. If you decide to play by (forum) post then I'm in, but that really slows the game down. Chatroom is faster and more like playing a traditional RPG.

Librarian

I think time differences between the US and UK will kill my participation. I do think the book is on my list of things to buy though, especially after reading Melissias post about the psyker information that's in it.

EDIT: Damn it, you people have just cost me £70 on books I was quite happy without until I read these DH threads, in fact I blame Just Me for starting The Assignment thread I've ordered the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook, The Inquisitor's Handbook and Creatures Anathema, should be some good reading coming my way!
    Last edited by Cryl; 12-03-2009 at 04:07 AM.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Abbess Sanctorum

There's also the radical's handbook and disciplies of the dark gods.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    There's also the radical's handbook and disciplies of the dark gods.
    The Disciples book looked interesting but I needed to stop adding stuff to my shopping cart at that point! I think that's probably the next one I'll get assuming what I've ordered turns out to be good
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

If it's not played by forum, but on a chat mostly, I'd like to try it.
    I just need to lay my hands on this shiny DH book....
    Oh, and I need a main rulebook and....? Any expansions? Which books do we need to play?

edit: oh, one more problem.... time difference. From what I can see we're from Europe, N.America and Australia....
    Last edited by Artein; 12-03-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Right, that could be a problem . We can robably do it on some time saturday to minimize this, but that's only if people have saturday free.

All that you actually NEED to play is the rulebook. The Inquisitor's Handbook is useful because it has a better and more in depth armory, though.

Battle-Brother

As I'm desperatly trying to start up either a DH or RT group over here, I'd really like to participate here... still, time difference does seem to be a problem (ok, that might be cancelled out by using a forum-based approach, not a chat)

Abbess Sanctorum

I've never had good experience with forum-based roleplays... they always die out eventually, without accomplishing half as much as meeting together personally or on chat...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast