BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mayhem View Post
    While balance will likely be restored, a tournament is not the place to do the experimentation. I would agree with banning it from the tournaments at first, while the balance and counters are worked out in regular play, then allow them into tournaments once everyone is more familiar with them in regular play and there is a greater base of information about how they interact with non-apocalypse scale games.
    Time solves everything. However, I would be warry of letting netlists or "meta data" somehow be a solution to this. I've never supported or liked the idea of netlists or people relying on meta data for a list. Use your own frakking brain! lol

But yeah, I understand what you mean.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    That's what I thought this thread was about, Escalation in regards to Tourneys. You can do what ever you want in a friendly game with your friends.
    In the same vein there is absolutely nothing that tells TOs they *must* use anything in their events if they don't want to. Heck, if they want to ban red colored dice that's up to them. The only people they have to answer to are their players and if a majority don't want to see something particular on the tabletop (superheavies maybe) or think some specific combo is so broken that it's not fun and should be fixed (2++ rerollable saves or whatever) then they can fix it in the manner they think is best. If you don't like it then you don't have to attend. What GW says is okay and what isn't has nothing to do with anything as long as the restrictions are published in advance and clearly stated before anyone commits any money to the event. As long as that is done then TOs have a right to hold whatever kind of event they like and no amount of some players b*tching that they don't like it means squat.

JMO...

Chaplain

Recheck your source...

v1.3 of the Warriors Code is up. Escalation and Stronghold Assault are legal.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=2200016a[/url]

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

When run at WW at least.

As said above, it's down to the individual TO to decide what is fair game.

Though all the stressing about Tourneys just seems to me to be another reason to keep clear. I for one just want to enjoy my hobby
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I would take either a cerberus or typhon to a tournie using escelation for my astral claws seige vanguard. But as weirdly FW is still not in i cant.
    GW are pretty much allowing everything including FW titans but not FW units and lists.
    No sense or logic as usual. Stressing about it tho is just worthless.
    Last edited by Popsical; 12-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    I would take either a cerberus or typhon to a tournie using escelation for my astral claws seige vanguard. But as weirdly FW is still not in i cant.
    GW are pretty much allowing everything including FW titans but not FW units and lists.
    No sense or logic as usual. Stressing about it tho is just worthless.
    Strange you should say that.

Forge World have had a downloadable pdf up for a few days now, detailing which Forge World models can be fielded as a Lord of War on their website.

Here's the link...
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf[/url]

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Pssyche; 12-15-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    Strange you should say that.

Forge World have had a downloadable pdf up for a few days now, detailing which Forge World models can be fielded as a Lord of War on their website.

Here's the link...
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf[/url]

Enjoy!
    That still doesn't let you use ForgeWorld in most tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ-NZ View Post
    I agree with BrownTJ007

Playing a 2plus plus rerollable army was frankly a waste of time and why bother playing?
    Its about having fun and playing people with competitive builds that can be beaten. But within reason.
    For those who have no issue with 2++ rerollable armies
    go play some. Tell me if you actually had fun.
    Go play an army with a revanant titan with 2++re rollable saves?
    Enjoy that game did you?
    Its about fun playing 40k
    Whats fun in never having a realistic chance at winning?
    No one i know plays like that, its cheesy and no one will play you.

For three years now i've gone to Throne of Skulls.

I've taken my standard marine mech list.

I've taken a Thousand Sons vaguely theme list.

I've taken a heavily themed list including Valkyries, Arbites, a Fortress of Redemption and a background story!

I've always had a GREAT time.

I do not feel I have ever taken a list designed to mercilessly stomp face.

I've done pretty well always won more games than I have lost, which is good because as much as fun is my first objective I didn't turn up to get my heroic boys slaughtered I came to win victory in their name!

I played a 1500pt Escalation game the other day against my friend. His Transandant C'Tan moved 18, killed two drop pods and two Drednoughts in turn 1 and then began it's shooting phase.

I don't like 3 Wrath Knights but I can play to the mission and learn to beat it and have great fun trying.

I don't like Tau removing cover saves but I can play to the mission and learn to beat it and have great fun trying.

I think a Baneblade or Stompa is scary but I can play to the mission and learn to beat it and have great fun trying.

After the battle against the C'tan both me and my friend felt sad because I could not have won and we did not have fun....neither of us.

I want to go to Throne of Skulls, meet cool people, drink booze, see awesome armies, play great games and fight for the glory of whatever banner my little men march under on that day.

I don't want to look at an army and know i've lost.

Destroyer Weapons on one side and not on the other mean one side has already lost unless they have tailored their list just for super heavies which I don't want to have to do.

This is what worries me about Escalation.

Superheavies Welcome

Leave the D's at home!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123