BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pros of using a Valkyrie over a Chimera with Inquisition?

Thoughts?

Valk can jink and has more pew pew pew.

Chimeras are cheaper, don't move as far and get one turn of smoke if you don't shoot your guns.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chaplain

The Valkyrie can get the Inquisitor and cronies where you want/need them quicker and easier, including Grav Chuting them without stopping if you need it somewhere else. The Valkyrie is better at fighting other Flyers and can be better against vehicles and other big things and/or mobs depending how you equip it. It's also more survivable because of the better armor and Jinking/Flying.

The Chimera is cheaper points wise and has the advantage of usually starting on the table since it isn't required to start in Reserve like the Valkyrie. It also has the advantage that the Inquisitor and cronies can shoot or use Psychic powers while still inside it. If you give it a Heavy Bolter or TL Heavy Bolter turret the Psybolt Ammunition upgrade becomes quite useful as they're now all S6.

Really?

Think: what reasons does a person buy a bentley continental instead of a dacia sandero.

The dacia is cheaper and easier to park.
    The bentley is better at everything else.

Done.

Chapter-Master

Popsical - neither of those fly, nor have a remit to protect the soft fleshy contents from high velocity weaponry. Unless you ar on about one of the Queen's Bentleys of course.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

I think it depends more on the cargo being carried, rather than on the mode of transportation being used. Certain units are more effective delivered one way, others -- another.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I'm thinking cargo wise ... divination inquisitor, 8 psykers (for the str 10 ap2 large blast) 3 servos with heavy bolters - maybe a valkyrie with the multilaser & multiple rocket pods. Comes out to just under 300pts of inquisition, which is the point cap I was looking for as an allied detachment.

Everything in the unit but the inquisitor would have 36" range but between good drop placement or grav chutes might keep them alive a little longer than the 24" for plasma warrior acolytes (and servos are cheaper - and not half bad with divination primarius).
    Last edited by Whereswaldo; 12-13-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: i'm retarded

Chapter-Master

Valkyries are warrior demi-goddesses.
    Chimeras are three headed monsters.
    Valkyries win.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Whereswaldo View Post
    Everything in the unit but the inquisitor would have 36" range but between good drop placement or grav chutes might keep them alive a little longer than the 24" for plasma warrior acolytes (and servos are cheaper - and not half bad with divination primarius).
    Yeah...and if they were in a Chimera with a Camo Net, they could move *and* fire out the top. Only one psyker channels the power of the others, so you could have the psykers, the 3 heavy bolters, and the Inquisitor all fire out at the same time)
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast