BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    What about the Harridan....... >_@
    Ground it with anything...and then it dies to the same weapons or assault as a normal FMC or MC would.
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    *DoyouseewhatIdidthere?
    I see all...

.. and I approve

puns for the Pun God.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Sergeant

Indeed.

Old apocalypse had a rule that stated: "Only psychic powers with a Strength characteristic could affect Super Heavy Vehicles/Gargantuan Creatures". As near as I can tell, new Apocalypse(and Escalation, by extension) has no such rule.

Chapter-Master

Super heavies aren't the problem, Str D is.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

me i honestly do not worry about it one way or another its a game. its meant to be fun and honestly people cry about STR D but seriously there are already enough broken units in the game. so if your going to start crying about every broken unit in this edition then perhaps you need to switch to another game system. this has always been 40k... each new book each new edition. each and every new broken combination until the next shiny new one comes along. it happens me i hate 2+ re rollable bs but its a part of the game i can either rage quit or i can find ways to mitigate their damage and eliminate them.

Super heavies can be taken out took remember those sternguard? bring them in drop in melta the suckers to death and vola you have just killed 500-900 points of super heavies and now have rendered your opponent neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    a player must have faith in the points system. If you don't, then you must surely think you will never have a game that is fair ever. And why would you play like that?
    Well, how else might I play?

Chapter-Master

Well you might play thinking you're a martyr, chuntering about how your army never wins because it is too expensive in points etc. Again, if this is your viewpoint and you think there is a genuine imbalance to the position where you will never win, why would you bother?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Super heavies aren't the problem, Str D is.
    Actually, the problem is tournament players getting their knickers in a twist (panties in a bunch) about things before they've even tried it.

Yup. Mostly because it upsets their precious 'meta', meaning that, you know, they might not be able to simply netlist anymore. Which clearly is not the point of the game.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It's not like str d is new to the game. In fact, it's not even new to regular games. Anyone remember spearhead? Trust me, this is not an uneducated choice. But, yes, keep bashing people who like a different aspect of the game from you. Also, Mr. Mystery, about the only thing I, and all the tournament players I'm actually friends with, care about the meta for is that anyone should be able to show up with just about any army and not get steamrolled at a tournament. You might have some preconceived notions about how we're all some sort of WAAC douches, but if that's going to be your attitude, then I know who I'd rather hang out with.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast