BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Two Eldar Questions...

Based on difference between codices I think... things that I think I've seen but now can't find are most likely because it's an outdated version.

1) Guardian Weapon platforms. Can they move and fire? P39 of 5th Ed Codex says a heavy weapon mounted on a weapon platform counts as an assault weapon in all respects, so it could move and fire (and if rule stayed the same into 6th ed. even do Battle Focus with it), but I can't find a corresponding snippet in the 6th Ed. codex, so is it now a heavy weapon, move or fire? (On a side note, I think it also no longer says that a grav platform is just a marker, and it has a profile with differing T and Armour Save, so believe it now takes up a space in a wave serpent whereas before it didn't?)

2) Wraithlords. 5th Ed. codex, p66, says if a 2nd weapon is chosen which is a duplicate of the first one, it counts as a single twin-linked weapon (from the heavy weapons choices, not the shrunken cats/flamers). No stipulation of this that I can see in 6th Ed. codex, so assume that it would just be 2 weapons, even if both are the same type, or is there a more general rule in the BRB that says that things having 2 identical weapons count them as twin-linked? (I've looked in the obvious places, but not found one. I just want to check that I'm doing this right). As another side note to this, assuming there is no more general rule in BRB, then if the wraithlord had two flamers, it would cause 2D3 hits firing on overwatch, rather than D3 with re-rolls to wound?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
    Based on difference between codices I think... things that I think I've seen but now can't find are most likely because it's an outdated version.

1) Guardian Weapon platforms. Can they move and fire? P39 of 5th Ed Codex says a heavy weapon mounted on a weapon platform counts as an assault weapon in all respects, so it could move and fire (and if rule stayed the same into 6th ed. even do Battle Focus with it), but I can't find a corresponding snippet in the 6th Ed. codex, so is it now a heavy weapon, move or fire? (On a side note, I think it also no longer says that a grav platform is just a marker, and it has a profile with differing T and Armour Save, so believe it now takes up a space in a wave serpent whereas before it didn't?)
    The Vaul's Wrath Support Weapon is the following unit type: "Artillery." So follow the rules for Artillery from the BRB.

2) Wraithlords. 5th Ed. codex, p66, says if a 2nd weapon is chosen which is a duplicate of the first one, it counts as a single twin-linked weapon (from the heavy weapons choices, not the shrunken cats/flamers). No stipulation of this that I can see in 6th Ed. codex, so assume that it would just be 2 weapons, even if both are the same type, or is there a more general rule in the BRB that says that things having 2 identical weapons count them as twin-linked? (I've looked in the obvious places, but not found one. I just want to check that I'm doing this right). As another side note to this, assuming there is no more general rule in BRB, then if the wraithlord had two flamers, it would cause 2D3 hits firing on overwatch, rather than D3 with re-rolls to wound?
    It's no longer a twin-linked weapon, but two separate weapons. And yes, if the Wraithlord had two flamers and was firing Overwatch, it would roll 2D3 automatic hits for them. There are no rules in the BRB that state that a model carrying two identical weapons makes them twin-linked.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

No, I don't think that's what Tom is looking for on Question One.

Look up page 66 of the Codex.
    Right hand column.
    "Heavy Weapon Platform".

That contains all your answers to your first question.

Katharon is spot on with the second question.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post

Right hand column.
    "Heavy Weapon Platform".

Katharon is spot on with the second question.
    Many thanks both. Indeed it was the small weapon platform accompanying Guardian squads rather than the artillery piece I was enquiring after. I was sure I had seen it somewhere in the new codex, but was failing to find it under the Guardian page, or in the listing at the rear so was beginning to think I'd imagined it. P66 is exactly what I was after.

Fist-bumps or man-hugs as preferred to you both.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post

Right hand column.
    "Heavy Weapon Platform".

Yup. I'm a dummy. Completely missed that part. I kept thinking of the Vaul's Wrath and the HWPs as one and the same.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214