BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Best Background?

I love reading codexes, and I now have one of pretty much evry army. Many have more fluff than others, and of various quality. Which Army do you think has the best and most interesting fluff in their books? and Which need more? In my Opinion:

Best- Orks. I thought t was a graet read with characterful background and stories. Though its not as big as the massive Space marine one, for pure entertainment I think orks are the best.

Worst- Dark eldar. I love the army, like their background from other sources but the codex is dry with very little at all. this is probably because it is one of the older ones and is another reason they need an update.

So, what do you think?

Veteran-Sergeant

Best- Tau

Battle-Brother

gotta agree, the Dark Eldar need more. I would love to know more about the necrons and the early galactic wars.

Battle-Brother

Almost all of the new fluff reads like fanfic
    I know the reason for this is alot of fluff is now written by people who once wrote fanfic
    But does that make it any better?
    no
    In short i buy codices now purely for rules
    In cog we trust

Chaplain

I only buy Dexes for rules also. Fluff is nice extra, but I can get better from the Black Library, older Codexes, or my own head.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

chaos, without doubt
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/demons/tzeench_dow_userbar.jpg

http://lugrix.deviantart.com

Orks in my opinion... so various and wacky... plus you can add to it whatever you want and it won't feel awkward.

Battle-Brother

Though I love chaos I gotta go with Orks.
    An out of control race of bio-weapons, whose idea of fun is genocide, who worship big versions of themselves, and who have a disturbingly perfect society-no hunger, want, or intolerance.
    "Impefection is Death!"-Rasscare 'The Imperious' Vallax, Warlord of The Golden Brotherhood.

Chapter-Master

I think all the minor races have far more interesting backround than any of the (mostly boring now) supported races. I'd say the Hrud probably have the coolest backround, the Saruthi have neat fluff too...for worst id have to say the majority of chaos legions, which I find even more boring and cliche than imperial legions shockingly.

Veteran-Sergeant

The Saruthi are so very lovecraftian, I rather like them.

I doubt it, but it would be nice to see more of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast