BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adepticon '10! whos going?

So after a few drinks I've decided "screw it I'm rounding up my friends and going to Adepticon"! Anyone else planing on going? Also have any of you gone in past years and have any past experiences to share? Is it worth it?

Thanks!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chapter-Master

If I can scrounge some moneys together, I'd go.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    If I can scrounge some moneys together, I'd go.
    Yeah I just moved to a new city in a new state so I'm a little short on cash at the moment but I figure if I start saving now it should be cool. Got my 1,850 IG army set (may make a few tweeks here and there) just working out my 1k CSM army with my friends back in NY for the team tourny.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Veteran-Sergeant

I would love to go but i live in buffalo,ny and i dont think im up for paying for a flight nor doing a 8ish hour drive lol ill just save up and go next year for sure i suppose

i for one cannot wait for ard' boys this year
    Last edited by Sinistermind; 12-03-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistermind View Post
    I would love to go but i live in buffalo,ny and i dont think im up for paying for a flight nor doing a 8ish hour drive lol ill just save up and go next year for sure i suppose

i for one cannot wait for ard' boys this year
    'ard boyz was epic! I went this past year (came in 16th ) and I am defiantly planing to go again in 2010. 8 Hours is nothing tho!If you go with a bunch of friends it makes the trip a lot of fun. Besides all you have is Ohio to deal with. psh I'm looking 17ish hours for Adepticon. Vroooom! haha
    letsagetabitarockin!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    'ard boyz was epic! I went this past year (came in 16th ) and I am defiantly planing to go again in 2010. 8 Hours is nothing tho!If you go with a bunch of friends it makes the trip a lot of fun. Besides all you have is Ohio to deal with. psh I'm looking 17ish hours for Adepticon. Vroooom! haha
    wow 17ish hours now THATS an epic journy lol who knows maybe i will make the trek. cool grats on getting 16th not too shabby!!! i made it past semi but unfortunatley my birthday is the 19th of sept and i had a couple of things planned so i could not go to finals!! but this year i cant wait to see if/how i place!! and its even earlier this year!! starting in mid-may ending by july when last years started

now what to bring?? the IG army i just started or my Nids, i guess ill see when the dex comes out mid january then ill make my decision
    Last edited by Sinistermind; 12-04-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    So after a few drinks I've decided "screw it I'm rounding up my friends and going to Adepticon"! Anyone else planing on going? Also have any of you gone in past years and have any past experiences to share? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

I guess I could be convinced to get out of bed and drive 30min again this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistermind View Post
    wow 17ish hours now THATS an epic journy lol who knows maybe i will make the trek. cool grats on getting 16th not too shabby!!! i made it past semi but unfortunatley my birthday is the 19th of sept and i had a couple of things planned so i could not go to finals!! but this year i cant wait to see if/how i place!! and its even earlier this year!! starting in mid-may ending by july when last years started

now what to bring?? the IG army i just started or my Nids, i guess ill see when the dex comes out mid january then ill make my decision
    yeaaah so in my possible drink induced retardedness I thought you ment 'da boyz GT (its a great GT in Rochester NY have you been?) when I saw 'ard boyz. I havent made it to 'ard boyz before since I've always had something conflicting with it the past two years but I'm making the effort this year.

But I'm defiantly bringing my IG out to anything major. They are my first and favorite army and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of guard on the tables.

Also the 16th at 'da boyz was out of 66 so its not as impressive haha. A great worthwhile event tho! Sorry about the confusion. I really should keep my self away from my computer when ever I'm drinking with my roommates...
    letsagetabitarockin!

I think it's absolutely worth the trip. I drove up from Atlanta last year with 3 other guys (12ish hours I think?) and it was absolutely worth the trip. Having a group makes the drive a lot easier, but I think the biggest thing that makes it seem worthwhile is when you do as much as possible. We checked in on Thursday night so we could get the whole weekend in... 2 of us did Devastation on Friday, 2 did Gladiator; we had our Team Tournament Saturday; and then 2 were in the 40k Champs and 2 in the Invitational on Sunday.

Totally worth the drive and money, IMO. That was even with me somewhat scrubbing out due to random play mistakes. Our team showing was pretty good though, and a lot of fun, and two of my crew came back as winners of the Devastation and Invitational, so they're certainly geared up to go again this year (not that either of those tournaments are returning this year, but oh well).

Quote Originally Posted by sirisaacnuton View Post
    I think it's absolutely worth the trip. I drove up from Atlanta last year with 3 other guys (12ish hours I think?) and it was absolutely worth the trip. Having a group makes the drive a lot easier, but I think the biggest thing that makes it seem worthwhile is when you do as much as possible. We checked in on Thursday night so we could get the whole weekend in... 2 of us did Devastation on Friday, 2 did Gladiator; we had our Team Tournament Saturday; and then 2 were in the 40k Champs and 2 in the Invitational on Sunday.

Totally worth the drive and money, IMO. That was even with me somewhat scrubbing out due to random play mistakes. Our team showing was pretty good though, and a lot of fun, and two of my crew came back as winners of the Devastation and Invitational, so they're certainly geared up to go again this year (not that either of those tournaments are returning this year, but oh well).
    Awesome thanks for the encouragement! Yeah I'm defiantly going and doing the 4 person national team tourny with my 3 friends that are going, and the 40k championships. But what to do Friday... WHFB Warbands or the 40k Gladiator tournament... hmmm
    letsagetabitarockin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast