BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question My personal Daemon of Chaos army need help with the emblem for the flag

army paint sceme
    Naggaroth Night for the skin of all the units
    Balthasar gold for metal parts of their weapons
    Abadon black for the magical parts of spells or weapons
    Tongues are Kantor Blue
    Eyes are Abadon black with Khorne Red
    Teeth and bones are Ceramite White with Druchii Violet Shade
    Still wondering what colour to use for the mounts skin

Unit consists of
    1 daemon prince of tzeentch
    18 horrors
    16 Blood letters
    7 plague drones
    12 seekers of slaanesh

The idea is the daemon prince is "borrowing" the powers of the warp from each the chaos god mostly loyal to tzeentch
    but i am not sure what to put on the flag at the moment its just Abadon black with a the frames of what its mounted too in Balthasar gold.

First-Captain

Quick suggestion. I think you need to verbalise what you want a bit more and having something to look at helps a lot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	6011

Dude that emblem looks awesome but that's a bit too much skill for my novice painting skills at the moment hmmmm verbalise I guess the theme I would want is a rune of some sort like used for summoning daemons as such do you know like the arcaneish sort of icons that's really all I can think of to go with my sceme I guess that and the daemon prince I assume wants to dominate the other daemons hope that's verbalised enough?

First-Captain

Fair enough

You could always print it on suitable paper or as a transfer to go on an existing plastic banner. That's what I do.

how does one make a transfer the most i can do is a template cut the holes out of it then paint over the paper wile taped to the banner

You could easily simplify an 8 pointed star with most of the points blue for Tzeentch and the rest different colors for different gods. Maybe make the top points blue to represent the dominance of Tzeentch.

8-pointed star isn't too bad to paint. You can get some tips at the [URL="http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2010/01/mark-of-dark-gods-bonus-post.html"]following link[/URL].
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Someone call me?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    You could easily simplify an 8 pointed star with most of the points blue for Tzeentch and the rest different colors for different gods. Maybe make the top points blue to represent the dominance of Tzeentch.

8-pointed star isn't too bad to paint. You can get some tips at the [URL="http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2010/01/mark-of-dark-gods-bonus-post.html"]following link[/URL].
    wow im impressed with this guide i will have to try it

First-Captain

Transfer paper is available on ebay for not alot. Print it, sparay ir with lacquer, put it on, done