BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Initiate

Default 1850 Necron list - Newbie army

This is my first necron 1850 list. It isnt build for tournament play, just for fun at local shops and events. I wanted it to be competitive but not one dimensional like 3 groups of wraiths or tons of flyers lists I've seen.

Total Points - 1848
    HQ (605pts)

Destroyer Lord (190pts)

Ever-Living, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Everything!), Mindshackle Scarabs, Resurrection Orb, Sempiternal Weave, Warscythe

Nemesor Zahndrekh (415pts)

Adaptive Tactics, Counter Tactics, Ever-Living, Independent Character, Phased Reinforcements, Phase Shifter, Resurrection Orb, Sempiternal Weave, Staff of Light

Royal Court

Harbinger of Eternity

Ever-Living, Aeonstave, Chronometron, Timesplinter Cloak

Vargard Obyron

Cleaving Counterblow, Ever-Living, Ghostwalk Mantle, Independent Character, The Vargard's Duty, Sempiternal Weave, Warscythe

Elites (333pts)

Deathmarks (133pts)

7x Deathmark

Deep Strike, Ethereal Interception, Hunters from Hyperspace, Reanimation Protocols

Lychguards (200pts)

5x Lychguard with Warscythe

Troops (500pts)

Necron Immortals (170pts)

10x Necron Immortal with Tesla Carbine

Necron Warriors (165pts)

5x Necron Warrior with Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon), Reanimation Protocols

Night Scythe

Deep Strike, Invasion Beams, Living Metal, Supersonic, Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor (Arc, Tesla Weapon)

Necron Warriors (165pts)

5x Necron Warrior with Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon), Reanimation Protocols

Night Scythe

Deep Strike, Invasion Beams, Living Metal, Supersonic, Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor (Arc, Tesla Weapon)

Fast Attack (230pts)

Canoptek Wraiths (230pts)

x4 Canoptek Wraith

Phase Attacks, Wraithflight, Fearless, Phase Shifter

x2 Canoptek Wraith

Phase Attacks, Wraithflight, Fearless, Phase Shifter, Whip Coils

Heavy Support (180pts)

2x Annihilation Barge

Living Metal, Quantum Shielding, Tesla Cannon (Tesla Weapon), Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor (Arc, Tesla Weapon)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

The Destroyer lord would be attached to the wraiths, used to draw fire and tie up other assault groups.

Obyron and the cryptek would be with the lychguard. I know lychguard are too expensive and generally not taken but I love the models and want to try them out. The plan would be to not deepstrike unless it's late in the game and I need to contest or chase something. Have Obyron in front to take most shots and then use the cryptek to LoS the ones he cant save against. Having the 1 reroll per phase to hopefully not fail the 3++ invuln. Res orb and invuln on a lord would also work but I dont have that many points.

Warlord Z and immortals would hold up on an objective, better armor and Z with the res orb to keep the unit strong.

Nightsythes and Annihilation barges to hunt other units. The transported warriors to drop late in the game for objective taking or contention.

Veteran-Sergeant

It is a good balanced list and should be fun to play and play against. Not sure I would tie up so many points in the HQ section, but the tactics make sense. Cheers!

i would drop Lychguard for 6 other wraith and put the two loners wraith with the group of 4. I'm not sure with the 605 pts spend in HQ i would keep the dest lord with zandrek and drop the two others and add a third Ann barge and 1 catacomb barge for Zandrek