BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Warhammer World Accepts Escalation, Stronghold and Dataslates

Hot off the press, the GW Warhammer World crew have updated facebook and the warrior code that governs GW tournament type events there, such as Throne of Skulls.

So Escalation, Stronghold and also Dataslates can now be used.

Wow.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerWorld"]https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerWorld[/URL]
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Hmm, interesting.

Obviously a bit of a two fingers to those who say it can't work at tournaments...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I don't think they give a rooting rat toss about anything to do with tournaments tbh.

Occuli Imperator

No I don't think that they do either.

Though I suppose that they have to back their ruleset as being fair and balanced and able to be intergrated into normalK
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I agree Wolfy. Now the last thing outstanding is FW.

WHW Tournaments are predominantly gamer meets, rather than some bizarre hardcore gaming environment despite the total lack of a cash prize, let alone a cash prize worth fighting for.

It's a hobby showcase overall.

And as with any organised event, don't like the rules being applied, don't partake.

Plus, the lack ambiguity about it means people can plan accordingly. Expected the expected, and you've improved your chances already.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

MM Don't mistake the pleasant environs, easy access to Bugmans xxxxxx and the lack of non-trophy/certificate prizes, to mean it is just some friendly gamer meet. There are some proper beards there and always a high proportion of the latest 'power builds' For sure there are wonderful fluff lists also, just in lesser proportion to the finely tuned multi suit, MC or flyer lists.

Always have been, always will be.

Escalation and that don't really change things up much in that department.

You never know the 'bah, my Draigowing* is under threat as they might field Strength D stuff!' may help rein in some of the beardier builds.

Taking a Super Heavy is a pretty considerable points investment, leaving the rest of your army pretty dinky. Take that out and it's a struggle for your opponent to then win.

I think what I'm trying to say is 'more variables reduce the number of 'sure thing' builds'

*This may not be the most up to date of beardlists, but it's a name of one I know!

(edited on account it seems I'd forgotten my spellings!)
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 12-13-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

A good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Hmm, interesting.

Obviously a bit of a two fingers to those who say it can't work at tournaments...
    Heh. Allowing it into tournaments doesn't mean that it can work at tournaments. Or, in another type of thinking, if a tournament can be run with it, then it clearly "can work".
    The real question is whether it's a good thing or not, and this doesn't address that question. Although the results and comments from the tournaments may help answer it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast