BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Occuli Imperator

I think the "goodness" of it is dependent on the player.

And I think that there are two very seperate questions, is it good? and can it work? are two questions, though clearly intertwined. Clearly, if something doesn't work it can't be good, but things can work but not be good.

I think GW saying that it will be in their tournaments is a big sign saying that it does and can work in a tournament setting, but then surely a tournament is just a series of pre-arranged pick-up games and since it does work in pick-up games it must then work in a tournament setting.

Possibly.

I think that it will take a while to get our heads around the different possibilities and opportunities. I would like for it to add greater variation and variety in my games, after all we do get a little bored of facing the nth scyth list.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

The question for me Wolfy is: 'Is the reason I am seeing less croissant of doom lists, because those people have migrated onto 'D plates of doom'?'

Cos if so they can stick their variety in their own Eye of Terror.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I may just pop by warhammer world next ToS round just to see the netlist spam obsessed bore mongers get wasted by D weapons.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

this is just silly.

WW, yeah a revenant titan is fine, but you can't be running things from FW that would just be broken.

screw this, I wont be playing against D-weapons, removing my army because a template touched it isn't "fun".
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

v1.3 of the Warriors Code is available. Escalation, Stronghold Assault and Dataslates are all listed as acceptable to use.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=2200016a[/url]

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    this is just silly.

WW, yeah a revenant titan is fine, but you can't be running things from FW that would just be broken.

screw this, I wont be playing against D-weapons, removing my army because a template touched it isn't "fun".
    I don't mean to speak out of turn as I've never played at a tournament of any sort though I have been and watched a few with a friend and I'd say from that experience 80% of people do not have fun anyway. The sort of people who take screamer stars and Farsight bombs for example or a flying monstrous daemon prince list where they spend the entire game flying off the table to pointless debates and different opinions over a minor technicality. The rules for 40k are not conclusive and far from perfect we all know that, but it shouldn't be a surprise that Games Workshop would support its own new supplements in this way.

The core rule-set isn't a suitable foundation to play a competitive tournament on from the offset. Let alone every single Codex and supplement which is thereafter released distorting any level playing field which may of been present. Destroyer weapons, flyers, 2+ invuns etc, it doesn't matter it's already broken but you'll play this but you won't play that. You'll happily play a screamer star born from the 6th edition Codex in a tournament but you won't play a Destroyer Weapon shoot fortification born a 6th edition supplement. You'll allow a Farsight Enclaves supplement O'vesa star but not a Baneblade (or worse) because that's ridiculous.

What my point was it's all broken from the off. You wan't to play something competitively play chess and then you can argue about the queen being too over-powered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12