BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deep Striking Wraithknight?

Ok. Im about 2 editions out of play and getting my eldar army back together and trying to study up on the rules again. I was reading through stuff about the Wraithknight and since he is a jump monstrous creature. The Jump troop types can deep strike and I coulding find anything that said MCs cannot.

I dunno that it would be a huge deal as far as tactics wise. I really only see the Wraithknight as a distraction unit more than a game changer but being able to dump him on somewhere on the board could change the flow of the battle.

Occuli Imperator

Yup you can.

Of course the danger of deep striking a model with so large a base means that it could end up rolling on the mishap table...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yes, good point. I guess it would depend largely on the terrain in play. I'm notoriously bad at my deep strikes too.

Occuli Imperator

Fingers crossed in that case.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Would be a nasty surprise if you had a unit on the field with a homing beacon for him to land next to safely...
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Would be a nasty surprise if you had a unit on the field with a homing beacon for him to land next to safely...
    Didn't think homing beacons worked outside of units from your codex or battle brothers, but if you had the warlord trait for non scattering deep strike you could try and get your warlord into favorable position, and then have the gigantic creature come plummeting down on your foes

Chapter-Master

There's little reason to bother deepstriking. Just deploy him on a flank, it's not like he's slow or anything.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    There's little reason to bother deepstriking. Just deploy him on a flank, it's not like he's slow or anything.
    This. Even if he comes in as early as possible (turn 2) he could have moved 24" which puts him just about anywhere he wants to be anyways.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by robosmurf View Post
    I dunno that it would be a huge deal as far as tactics wise. I really only see the Wraithknight as a distraction unit more than a game changer but being able to dump him on somewhere on the board could change the flow of the battle.
    The Wraithknight is so much more than just a distraction. I've kitted mine out with the Suncannon, Shield and one Scatter Laser. Sure it's 300pts but my friends have really begun to fear what he's capable of. For me he's an auto include.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Wraithknights are awesome.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast