BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Incoming! battle missions

from games workshops e-mail:

Incoming! Battle Missions
    Coming in March, Battle Missions is a brand-new supplement for Warhammer 40,000 that expands on the basic missions found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. Each of the thirty-something scenarios detailed in Battle Missions has been designed to allow you to fight the sort of battles normally the subject of Black Library novels. From daring raids and assassinations, to breakthroughs and last stands, Battle Missions will allow your army to play in a way that reflects its background. No matter what Warhammer 40,000 army you collect this exciting new supplement will open up a whole new gaming experience.

Of course it just wouldn't be the same if there weren't some great new miniatures to fight through these missions with. Fortunately, there will be new sets for Space Marines, Orks and the Imperial Guard released alongside Battle Missions in March.

[url]http://gwutil.com/newpictures/products/BattleMissions_550x540.jpg[/url]

~ now is that out of the blue or what? i've heard nothing about it at all before the e-mail. but what new sets do the space marines need?

That sure sounds great - hopefully the missions will be of sufficient standard, so they actually are fun to play.

Chaplain

I am wanting to know what all the new minis will be. I mean, what is left in the SM dex that us yet to see release?

Veteran-Sergeant

Who cares about the models, these scenarios sound awesome-I want kill team from 4th edition

Librarian

WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE DAEMONS THAT THEY OWE US?
    Seriously - the models have been 'leaked' for a year (a year and 1/3 when this is released), and yet they're giving us Guard, Orks, and SM?

THESE are what I think the (final) kits which need to be released for these races are...
    Orks: Deth Koptaz, Plastic Boss/Mek, Zogwort, Flash Gitz.
    SM: Plastic Vets, Plastic Thunderfire, New Special Character sculpts.
    IG: Basilisk kit, Plastic Stormtroopers, New Infantry Squads.

Honestly, some of us are still waiting here in 2007, y'know.

Chaplain

Matbe a Bastonnefir IG, but SM sculpts obviouslymeans new Cassius and Tigurius. Plastic Vets would be sweetthough.

So this is where the scenarios book that Jervis wrote went to. Most people thought it was actually Planetstrike, but apparently not!

Hope the scenarios are good - could be good fun playing them if they're well thought out.

New models - Plastic Baslisk/Colossus/etc kit, Plastic Storm Troopers (they been on the burner for a while), Plastic Hydra/Manticore would be nice, and presumably outstanding spec characters for Guard.

Maybe plastic Techmarine/Father of the Forge kit (that would be nice), resculpts of old special characters like Shrike.

Orks, may be the outstanding characters, Flashgits, plastic Kommandos?, plastic Meganobz, plastic Warbuggies or Deffkoptas - who knows.

Maybe they're just going to do special box-set releases to accompany the scenarios and not release anything new?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Maybe they're just going to do special box-set releases to accompany the scenarios and not release anything new?
    That sounds like the most likely speculation yet, like the limited Apoc boxes or the spear of ridiculousness for planet strike.

The side armor on that basilisk looks different to the current one, or is that just me?

Chaplain

Ah its good to see there most important and money making armies yet again get all the cards and goodies first. Would it kill them (GW) to focus on less unfortunate armies like DE, SoB, DH or Necrons??

Stupid question i guess.....
    Well lets see i put in we will see those armies get more mission specifics and miniatures.....again.
    And the rest of us keep waiting for a year or so until we even get a new codex
    Well it shows why we are waiting now, they bring out additions to the game without concentrating on the armies needing 5th ed upgrades....sad reallly, how greedy does GW want to be, its like flogging a product to death and not making it perfect .....just like windows vista.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast