BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

This is the best news for 5th ed in a long time. Forget the extra minis for a minute, that's largely unimportant as far as I'm concerned, the extra scenarios will give much much needed depth to the standard pick up game you can play in a store or club.
    I am looking forward to this and will be pre-ordering it asap.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Brother-Sergeant

Is that the current hive tyrant at the back? Those scything claws and missile weapons look a bit new, but maybe it´s just me

Chapter-Master

yep its the new tyrant

the ig model will be stormtroopers and artillrey
    the SM models will be hmmm could it be BA/DA/SW/BT?

Oh look at those stelers when did they get talons??
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Ah its good to see there most important and money making armies yet again get all the cards and goodies first. Would it kill them (GW) to focus on less unfortunate armies like DE, SoB, DH or Necrons??
    The most popular armies get the most support in order to make the most people happy. I started with Tau but now collect marines as well so that I can look forward to something new every month.

I am really looking forward to the new sets. Too many of the current sets are full of things that I already have too much of.

Fly Lord

I would expect to see updated Chimera and Basilisk/Artillery kits for the IG (based on that pic). No idea on the Orks and Marines. Those are both fairly complete product lines at the moment. Some unreleased ICs perhaps?

And yes...where are the 2nd wave Deamons??? With 2010 being the year of Fantasy however, they could easily fold them into a Summer or Fall slot.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The most popular armies get the most support in order to make the most people happy.
    And thus begins the vicious cycle. The less played armies are given less support, and therefor are played less. They would be played more if they were updated more and given newer models, and they would be given newer models and be updated more if they were played more.

When your customers don't even know you are selling a particular product, you have failed them. And this is actually quite frequently the case with these less played armies. Rather hard for a newer player to pick a Dark Eldar or Sisters army if they don't even know they exist, which causes their sales to drop, which causes them to be featured less, which causes their sales to drop, which causes...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Ah its good to see there most important and money making armies yet again get all the cards and goodies first. Would it kill them (GW) to focus on less unfortunate armies like DE, SoB, DH or Necrons??
    Yay, someone remembered that DH actually exist, for once. People always talk about how old DE and Necrons are, and forget DHs have been at the bottom of the pile ever since they came out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by icecube View Post
    Is that the current hive tyrant at the back? Those scything claws and missile weapons look a bit new, but maybe it´s just me
    It's the exact same model available now. Those guns are a pair of deathspitters, and the scything talons are just placed in a strange manner for GW models, he's kinda holding them up like he's surrendering.

Anyways, fingers crossed for Warbuggy/trakk kit (us Ork players would love a modular unit kit as well!), Maybe plastic Kans/Dreads, and for the love of god give us a plastic warboss kit with some character and options!

Oh, and I hope this is an opportunity for that whisper I heard about GW considering another regiment infantry release in plastic.
    Last edited by Madjob; 12-05-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Good news. The Game needed more depth........
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

I'm doubly excited. A new book of missions and new IG kits. Oh yes...
    letsagetabitarockin!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast