BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Ah its good to see there most important and money making armies yet again get all the cards and goodies first. Would it kill them (GW) to focus on less unfortunate armies like DE, SoB, DH or Necrons??

Stupid question i guess.....
    A very stupid one. Those armies need a complete re-write, and in the case of Dark Eldar (and possibly SoB and DH), a complete new plastic range. Despite popular internet belief, this takes years and years to complete, not a weekend with a few cans of beer. It's already been revealed by Harry on Warseer that Dark Eldar, Daemonhunters and Necrons are all being worked on at the moment, and have not been forgotten about. Big projects take time, deal with it.

Or would you rather then slap together a half-assed codex and mini's so more could be released sooner?

The Dark Mechanic

Has anyone stopped to think about why they are announcing this so far ahead of time when other more imminent products still do not have good previews released? Curious.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

That sounds awesome. The game needs more missions. It will also make it easier to form campaigns by using the new missions. As for new figs; I'm always up for new stuff and I play Orks and Marines so 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

I'm still waiting on a new BT codex though. I have my fingers crossed for next year but who knows with GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    A very stupid one. Those armies need a complete re-write, and in the case of Dark Eldar (and possibly SoB and DH), a complete new plastic range. Despite popular internet belief, this takes years and years to complete, not a weekend with a few cans of beer. It's already been revealed by Harry on Warseer that Dark Eldar, Daemonhunters and Necrons are all being worked on at the moment, and have not been forgotten about. Big projects take time, deal with it.

Or would you rather then slap together a half-assed codex and mini's so more could be released sooner?

Right on!! Nice answer! Just hoping the wait is worth it!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post

Sisters of Battle are also in the works, according to Harry. And yeah, it takes a LOT of work to make a new codex. Just printing and publishing the book itself can take months.

Try to check the attitude next time, though. Keeping it polite and friendly ensures everyone has a good time.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

From someone who has worked in the printing business you dont need to tell me of the delays, how long it takes to write, game-play and so on...
    Gir, i understand all this very well, my only beef is how many times can they continually push the outdated codex's down the list and continually bring more goodies for the four best selling armies?
    Want to know why IG, SM, Orks and Nidz are so popular?? Well its becasue if GW spent the same amount of time, modelling an publishing of lets say DE, then guess what DE would be right up there with SM. Its only marketting tht makes less known armies less known. Go to any GW store and say i want a new army and i bet they steer you to SM, or IG or Orks, and not say DE, DH, WH or necrons.

And i always thought there were no stupid questions on here Gir, as everyone has different thoughts, and some difference experiences...guess you missed the obvious sarcasm then.

I dont know who this Harry is but all i can do is wait patiently like te rest of us for real proof of developments, news and eventually product release, until then i am allowed to gripe at GW lack of thought to there marketing strategies ok.

On a different note, i read the new Seraphin Choir, use that in witha Celexus assassin and drop yur opponents strength to max 5 and then tht nice lady in black (callidus assasin) with her Neural Shredder that compares to your Leadership just became an instant kill weapon if used on the same turn carefully...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by chrissmitty View Post
    The side armor on that basilisk looks different to the current one, or is that just me?
    I dont think so. I have just finished a Basilisk kit & it looks identical to me.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

The Dark Mechanic

Default New Basilsik in photo

I'll side with chrissmitty here, The upper side armor piece on the Basilisk in the newsletter picture appears identical to the one on new Hellhound/Devil Dog model sitting right behind it in the photo. It may be a first look at the new Basilisk kit, which hopefully makes two other SPA variants that are in the new IG Codex.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 12-06-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

Mission book = awesome.

I don't care about the models at all.

www.evildice40k.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Gir, i understand all this very well, my only beef is how many times can they continually push the outdated codex's down the list and continually bring more goodies for the four best selling armies?
    You're assuming they have been pushed back because of this other stuff. Don't ever assume.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast