BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Necrons. Dark Eldar. Tau.

No psykers.

What would they get?
    Allies perhaps are the easiest answer. In my mind at least, armies with psykers should be able to handle psykers better then the non-psyker armies.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You regenerate warp charges each player turn.
    Exactly, easiest place to insert the dispelling is at the start of movement when Blessings are normally cast. Also Dispelling will need a range assigned to it, 12 inches perhaps. So the player must decide, does he use charges to cast his own blessing or dispel an enemy blessing or save for shooting/force weapons.

Librarian

The problem's with those units were answered with D weapons but everyone rebelled and complainted that they were uterly broken. Right now the psyhers are costed to take into consideration their leadership as well as the chance to miscast or to fail. If you introduce a way to dispel powers that specifically targets units belessing themselves or another friendly unit how do you justify the cost of that ability? let alone the cost of the psycher who pays to be able to buff his own forces?

Alot of the problem is divination and that for some reason is selectivly skips over certian factions while other's it does what ever uf feeks like. If they had just balanced out that then it would not be as bad. i know for me it makes little sense that space marines have no access to divination unless you play wolves BA or DA or grey knights. but what ever the answer to offensive spells always are deny the witch thats your chane for free to dispel. a blessing doesn't target you so why should you get a chance to deflect my powers when your not the target? i already have a chance for perils and i already have a chance to cause a wound or to fail the test altogether.

you could always be an army with no psychers.... try that and see how you enjoy the game when you can't even partiipate in an entire pahse.

Chapter-Master

Divination is mainly good not because it's crazy good (like Iron Arm is), but it's the most consistant. Only scryers gaze is bad, but the Primaris is the best of all the disciplines. If the other charts weren't so hit or miss, it would be much more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepogue View Post
    Exactly, easiest place to insert the dispelling is at the start of movement when Blessings are normally cast. Also Dispelling will need a range assigned to it, 12 inches perhaps. So the player must decide, does he use charges to cast his own blessing or dispel an enemy blessing or save for shooting/force weapons.
    I should clarify. Currently, if you added a 'psyker may expend a warp charge to dispel an enemy power when an enemy attempts to cast one', then that would almost always occur in the opposing player's turn. You would burn your warp charges on your dispel attempts, then your next turn regenerate your warp charges and cast your own psychic powers. So you don't have to pick and choose between your own stuff and your opponent's as the rules currently stand.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 12-13-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by kire View Post
    This is exactly the problem with blessings they are more powerful than other psy powers because that don't now to hit and cant be denied. having said that the answer is in my opinion to increase the power of non blessing not nerf blessings
    I agree wholeheartedly. If they even doubled the range of all ranged psyker attacks that would be dandy, they wouldnt even have to increase the power. As it stands stuff like Pyromancy is mostly garbage and their primaris is also pretty garbage, and thats the tree that should be made for high damage. Telepathy should not be your go to discipline for putting out wounds, you should be able to burn some heretics from a safe distance. Also, there should be a max range for deny rolls

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Divination is mainly good not because it's crazy good (like Iron Arm is), but it's the most consistant. Only scryers gaze is bad, but the Primaris is the best of all the disciplines. If the other charts weren't so hit or miss, it would be much more balanced.
    Mmm, I'd rather see Lores with a decent Primaris and three slightly more powerful, but very similar, randomized spells.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12