BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does 40k Need a Dispel Ability?

In this day and age of 2++ reroll. I am thinking 40k needs the ability use Warp Charges to dispel enemy Blessings. I don't know how would be best to implement it. I think this could curtail the worst of the screamer stars and seer jet bike councils. It would also give a way to remove Biomancy off of Tyranid Monstrous Creatures. (Baring what the new codex brings)

Chapter-Master

But GW decided to make psychic hoods terrible instead. Way to go.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

But that's only for SM armies...they should have just let Deny the witch work against all powers.

Librarian

dispelling adds a big complication to psykers in general. Whether through wargear or special rules, the points cost of every psyker with that ability would be up for a points cost overhaul.

Considering how hard it is sometimes just to get a psyker power to go off, then hit, then pass a deny roll, i would say that it is a "blessing" that blessings are not dispelable. Considering the non-viability of many of the shooting and malediction attacks when it comes to the hurdles of actually using them, I would not advocate for any way to remove blessing, lest you completely remove the viability of psykers in general. Granted there are some super silly uses, but due to the random factor the likelihood of getting those ridiculous powers is still low.

I would only consider dispelling if AND ONLY if psyker powers were no longer random. That way if im going to have to contend with not getting my power to work at least its the power i wanted.
    Last edited by generalchaos34; 12-13-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by generalchaos34 View Post
    Considering how hard it is sometimes just to get a psyker power to go off, then hit, then pass a deny roll, i would say that it is a "blessing" that blessings are not dispelable. Considering the non-viability of many of the shooting and malediction attacks when it comes to the hurdles of actually using them, I would not advocate for any way to remove blessing, lest you completely remove the viability of psykers in general. Granted there are some super silly uses, but due to the random factor the likelihood of getting those ridiculous powers is still low
    I guess I see the other side of the coin. Too many of the blessings are superior when compared to all the other powers. The very least is the Deny the Witch roll which stops 1/6 (at the very least) I'm thinking perhaps

1 warp charge = 6+ to dispel
    2 warp charge = 5+ to dispel
    3 warp charge = 4+ to dispel

This would not need a points increase since you are trading off being able to use your psyker offensively with malidictions or shooting.

Sure we will see some people bring just a dispel-bot but it would give purpose to more psykers overall, I think

Necrons. Dark Eldar. Tau.

No psykers.

What would they get?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Tepogue View Post
    I guess I see the other side of the coin. Too many of the blessings are superior when compared to all the other powers. The very least is the Deny the Witch roll which stops 1/6 (at the very least) I'm thinking perhaps

This would not need a points increase since you are trading off being able to use your psyker offensively with malidictions or shooting.

Sure we will see some people bring just a dispel-bot but it would give purpose to more psykers overall, I think
    I like this, because now your psyker is sacrificing his buffs and attacks to do this, so its become more of a mind battle, additionally, it means that the non psyker races wont lose much in turn because it then devolves into psyker v psyker combat

Quote Originally Posted by generalchaos34 View Post
    Considering how hard it is sometimes just to get a psyker power to go off, then hit, then pass a deny roll, i would say that it is a "blessing" that blessings are not dispelable. Considering the non-viability of many of the shooting and malediction attacks when it comes to the hurdles of actually using them, I would not advocate for any way to remove blessing, lest you completely remove the viability of psykers in general. Granted there are some super silly uses, but due to the random factor the likelihood of getting those ridiculous powers is still low.

I would only consider dispelling if AND ONLY if psyker powers were no longer random. That way if im going to have to contend with not getting my power to work at least its the power i wanted.
    This is exactly the problem with blessings they are more powerful than other psy powers because that don't now to hit and cant be denied. having said that the answer is in my opinion to increase the power of non blessing not nerf blessings

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tepogue View Post

You regenerate warp charges each player turn.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast