BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Armorbane and Primary Weapon

Armorbane lets the model roll 2d6 for armor penetration. The Primary Weapon rule for SH vehicles says you may roll 2 dice and pick the highest for armor penetration. So what happens if you have a SH vehicle with a Primary Weapon that has Armorbane, such as the Macharius Vanquisher? Do you Roll 2d6 twice and pick the highest roll, just applying the Primary Weapon rule to the Armorbane roll? Or do you roll 3d6 and take the highest two, taking the Armorbane rule and applying the PW rule to one of the dice? Or is it a third way I haven't thought of?

Sounds like you would just roll 2D6 twice and keep the highest result.

i would roll 2d6 twice and take the highest combined roll.

Occuli Imperator

Just 2D6 and pick the highest.
    Both rules say the same thing, if the wording used was "an additional D6 then pick the highest" then you can get your 3D6. In this situation any primary weapon is also armourbane.

Consider if it were Ordinance also, three rules allowing you to roll 2D6 and pick the highest.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Just 2D6 and pick the highest.
    Both rules say the same thing, if the wording used was "an additional D6 then pick the highest" then you can get your 3D6. In this situation any primary weapon is also armourbane.

Consider if it were Ordinance also, three rules allowing you to roll 2D6 and pick the highest.
    Armourbane isn't 2D6 and pick the highest though, it is 2D6 and add the results together. They are different effects.

Chapter-Master

You roll two sets of 2d6, pick the highest.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

What weapon even has both of those rules?

First-Captain

You can't re roll a dice. If you roll twice you are re rolling the same die. Makes sense what Link said. The rule is in the beginning pages of the book next to tlos and explaining the difference between a turn and a game turn.

Occuli Imperator

Having slept on it I see where DL is coming from, at one point I was thinking a roll 3 pick the two highest, but no I think the 2 2D6 pick the highest is the way forwards. Those these are additional dice not re-rolls strictly speaking
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Having slept on it I see where DL is coming from, at one point I was thinking a roll 3 pick the two highest, but no I think the 2 2D6 pick the highest is the way forwards. Those these are additional dice not re-rolls strictly speaking
    be careful though, you need to roll two sets of 2D6 and pick the highest set, not 4D6 and pick the highest two
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast