BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yup.

You're effectively gaining two attempts at punching through the armour, so rolling two separate lots of 2D6 is what you need to do. And as daboarder says, make sure it's not just a single group of 4D6.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Definitely fine with the general consensus on this, but I wanted to look up my book for armourbane having read this(which I don't have at work ). Does armourbane say you roll 2d6 or does it say you add an additional d6? I cant remember. As if its the later it might be that you should roll 2d6 pick the highest(for primary weapon), then add an additional d6 for armourbane.

But as I said I cant see my book just now so its probably just my memory that sucks and two lots of 2d6 pick the highest is probably right

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    What weapon even has both of those rules?
    There may be others but the Macharius Vanquisher has both rules for its Vanquisher cannons. Which was fine when Primary Weapon just meant it was harder to damage but got a little wierd now.

Chapter-Master

Tank Hunters with Ordinance works the same way as this.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    There may be others but the Macharius Vanquisher has both rules for its Vanquisher cannons. Which was fine when Primary Weapon just meant it was harder to damage but got a little wierd now.
    Doesn't.

It had both rules back when Primary Weapon was as you stated (and back when it was a rule instead of a type), but as of Imperial Armour Apocalypse (the post-6e version) it's just Heavy 1, Armourbane, Twin-Linked.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Doesn't.

It had both rules back when Primary Weapon was as you stated (and back when it was a rule instead of a type), but as of Imperial Armour Apocalypse (the post-6e version) it's just Heavy 1, Armourbane, Twin-Linked.
    And in Imperial Armour Volume One Second Edition (the newest version) in the weapon summary the Macharius Vanquisher Battle Cannon has both Armorbane and Primary Weapon in its listing. I believe this is the newest version of the rules for that vehicle.

Initiate

Armorbane lets the model roll 2d6 for armor penetration. The Primary Weapon rule for SH vehicles says you may roll 2 dice and pick the highest for armor penetration. So what happens if you have a SH vehicle with a Primary Weapon that has Armorbane, such as the Macharius Vanquisher? Do you Roll 2d6 twice and pick the highest roll, just applying the Primary Weapon rule to the Armorbane roll? Or do you roll 3d6 and take the highest two, taking the Armorbane rule and applying the PW rule to one of the dice? Or is it a third way I haven't thought of?
    If you read the rules atrociously literally, then I don't think you should get a reroll for armourbane at all. The rule armourbane simply states that you roll 2d6 for armor penetration. Depending on the exact wording of the Primary Weapon rule (you say it "may" roll 2 dice and pick the highest) perhaps there is no bonus to be gained. It's a roundabout way of giving you the option, which doesn't make sense, but hey. Words.

Chapter-Master

That actually is a good point. However, you still have a conflict between the two rules where one says to keep both dice, and the other says to keep only one.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

And in Imperial Armour Volume One Second Edition (the newest version) in the weapon summary the Macharius Vanquisher Battle Cannon has both Armorbane and Primary Weapon in its listing. I believe this is the newest version of the rules for that vehicle.
    Sorry Dave it's not the most current one

The big hint that it's not the most current one is the Structure Points instead of Hull Points.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast