BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chaplain

Well damn, you guys are right. Wish they'd put a bigger date somewhere in the book besides the tiny one in the copyright notice.

Never mind then, that makes the tank straightforward to use.

Librarian

I've got IA V1 2nd Ed IG.

The blast shell round does have the primary weapon special rule HOWEVER the Ap shell does not.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    I've got IA V1 2nd Ed IG.

The blast shell round does have the primary weapon special rule HOWEVER the Ap shell does not.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the new apocalypse book come out after it so then the ones in IA vol 1 2ed. are not the current rules

Chaplain

It did indeed come out after. One thing that confuses the issue a bit is that the Forge World list of what is Escalation legal says both the new IA Apocalypse book as well as IA 1 2nd edition as where to find the rules for the Macharius Vanquisher.

The Primary Weapon rules work just fine for the blast shells since it basically turns them into a giant Battlecannon. It's with the Armorbane rule for the AP shells that the Primary Weapon rule got weird.

Librarian

They're the current rules for that model as it doesn't appear in the new Apoc book.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    They're the current rules for that model as it doesn't appear in the new Apoc book.
    Not the actual Apocalypse rule book. They're in the New Imperial Armor Apocalypse book. And in that book all the Macharius variants except for the Omega lost the Primary Weapon rule for their main guns.

Chapter-Master

It is in the 2013 Imperial Armour Apocalypse. I'm looking at the entry right now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    It did indeed come out after. One thing that confuses the issue a bit is that the Forge World list of what is Escalation legal says both the new IA Apocalypse book as well as IA 1 2nd edition as where to find the rules for the Macharius Vanquisher.
    Likewise the Eldar vehicles got their rules updated in the newest IA:A (read both strength reduced and points increased), but the FAQ says to either reference IA:A or IA11. So I'm totes taking the OLD Cobra with the gun that was both waaaay better and 100pts cheaper.

Librarian

Yeah i've just noticed that difference in the 2 books.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123