BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

That's awesome. I have some fire warriors coming in and was thinking of converting them into human aux. Didn't think to also do hounds, krootox or vespid tho. That's a really interesting idea

First-Captain

I do have 10 Tau aux I now use for my guard army. It is funny people think they are Tau from a distance and finally look at them close and go wtf. I really need to take pics of them, but this is what I done.

I took Cadian torsos and glued them to Tau legs.

Than I chopped off Cadian boots and replace the Tau feet with boots. Lots of sanding down and have to use a model knife since clippers kinda damage the model.

For weapons I bit ordered the Eylsian lasguns from forge world.

I than took my kroot bits and place them in a few spots like the pistols.

I took the kroot shoulder pads and use them as visors for the cadian heads, they look like police officers. With the shoulder pads you can sand down the two bands that are on them. I didn't and went for the effect that the visor can swing up. I will remodel one on day to show the visors can pop up.

After the years I learned that pinning the feet on might not be a bad ideal.

Also I went with tau arms. At the time I failed to notice the number of finders tau have. Which means either green stuff extra fingers or chop the hands off.

I am thinking of creating more with carbines and using them for the elite options for guard. I am also thinking of getting elysian jump packs as well. I also experimented with cross human and tau plasma and melta weapons. Some came out cool while some cam out clunky.

The heavy flamer parts are nice to convert the plasma rifle from the Tau. However I am waiting for the guard codex before I really start, so I know how to outfit my people and see if jumping out a vendeta is an option or they will go back to being able to deep strike with out one.

Brother-Sergeant

Chicop u gotta post pics.

Good news on the mini front. Wife informed me last night she cant figure out what to get me for Xmas so she gave me permission to make the order post holiday.

Lightbulb

Sounds a bit like my Human Firewarriors which I made, except i used a 3rd party helmet rather than using the standard Tau one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image-1004422549.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	6219

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Majorapat View Post
    Sounds a bit like my Human Firewarriors which I made, except i used a 3rd party helmet rather than using the standard Tau one.

Name:	blogger-image-1004422549.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	6219

Somewhat like that. Different heards and torsos though.

First-Captain

Name:	1387147893980.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	6234

This is a test.

All I have to figure out how to make the pic a bit bigger and I will tale some pics.
    Last edited by chicop76; 12-20-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Battle-Brother

Talking Chaos Aux aka Renegade Tau

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Somewhat like that. Different heards and torsos though.
    i've done something similar with fire warriors and crypt ghouls. mainly for Necromunda/Kill Team

Brother-Sergeant

Ordered the catachans. Ordering the jump troops after holiday.

I'm also thinking of doing a human fireblade. Specifically to lead the human auxiliary.

Brother-Sergeant

Ive got my 20 human Kroot plus a human Fireblade. They look pretty good.

Anyone wanna tell me how to post a WIP pic? I downloaded it to photobucket but I only have a kindle fire and my android phone.
    Last edited by Ursa; 12-29-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Photobucket should have a box on the page of the picture you want to link with link codes for various formats. Grab the link for IMG format and then hit the "insert image" button on the reply form here (looks like a tiny tree in a frame) and paste in the code.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast