BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Brother-Sergeant

Default Human Auxilary Troops (counts as Kroot)

Attention Tau players and victims of Tau. I am looking for a new project and I hit on an idea. Tau Human Auxiliary.

My ideas:

Catachan Jungle fighters as Kroot. Stat lines and special abilities are almost identical to pre 5th edition jungle fighters. They had WS4 BS, S, T, and I of 3. W and A of 1 and Ld of 7. Armor was 5+ but lets face it they are wearing vests and t shirts so 6+ is more accurate.
    In addition the new kroots Special Rules are very accurate. Infiltrate, MTC, and Stealth (forests) are all perfect. Their slightly better Stat line on lasguns can easily be explained as better Ammo from their Tau Masters. Kroot hounds I can just use regular GW hounds from Mordheim. I would tweek their guns slightly by giving them extended barrels. Sgt (shaper) I would give a pulse rifle or carbine.
    Not sure on Krootox but I'm still thinking. Suggestions?

My other idea is using Cadians as Vespid. The armor is similar most stats are too. That's were conversions come next. Anyone played Rifts? Remember the Juicier? I'm thinking of adding mods to models (tubes and hoses on arms and legs with a jump pack to represent their increased toughness and initiative. For the better gun I'm still thinking of.

So has anyone else done this? And if so how and pictures.

Initiate

What about an Ogryn as a Krootox?

First-Captain

Why do that when you can take guard allies is my question. Athough I can see it being intersting to do.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Why do that when you can take guard allies is my question. Athough I can see it being intersting to do.
    Actually read your post lol.

I think you need blades on the kroot rifle since they are ap 5 and all kroot rifles are double bladed. Also if you can get some kroot bits it would bring them more to life. I like the hand pistols they have, etc.

For Krootox Ogryn would probably be a good ideal.

Only dogs I seen is for necromunda. Haven't seen the ones you are talking about.

Actually I think using Elysian Drop troops with the drop packs would make good vespids.

Which Juicer Variant? Dragon, Hyperion, Murder Wraith, Mega, just so many different types.

That being said wasn't never a fan of juicers. I always used them as NPCs. Nor cyborgs. It showed in my games when players decided to play those types of characters. I wouldn't kill them, but I would do things like reminding them they are no longer human.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    For fluff plain and simple. I don't like Vespid models but like their stats and whet they can do. I like the Kroot models but don't care for hounds or krootox models. Plus if they are guard as guard. Then they are not truely human auxiliary.
    Under the old rules (ore 6th) kroots rifles blades actually had purpose, they gave extra melee weapon bonus. That is not the case anymore. Plus I have always felt robbed under the last two editions that catachans have been robbed of their uniqueness this would give them a chance to rise again above other generic guard.

Krootox ogryn was what I was thinking except the krootox are very endemic ogrynn. They are only tough 3. Now I do have some extream old school guard ogryn that are tiny compaired to more modern models so they might work.

Elysian drop troops are a GREAT idea. I always wanted some but hesitated for cost reasons. But this way I only need 10 or so. Plus their pack and guns are signifigantly different that other guard units.

As far as juicers I only knew of one kind from the basic rulebook.

Dogs were from mordheim I believe. They were dwarf mastiffs. Ive had them many years so could be wrong but are GW since that's all I buy. Might be in archeive.

First-Captain

Rifles don't give out +1 attack anymore, but they are now ap 5. Look up close combat weapons in the book, Tau book.

Tau Aux use to be white dwarf rules. Basically guardsmen with the sarge possibly getting a Tau rifle or carbine. Also they could take Tau grenades. Basically just take regular guardsmen to use close to the old rukes. Oh and regular guardsmen had referred enemy against Tau Aux.

Tx. Figured it would had been a good ideal.

They came with the Juicer Uprising book years ago. I think it was last boom CJ Carleilla wrote for Palladium books. They cam up with like 40 world books, 6 source books, and about 6 dimension books. The Juicer however was in the main book.

Brother-Sergeant

Crap! Your right! Didn't make that connection.

Ok then bayonets on the guns and ill make them mini power weapons. I do all my power weapons blue similar to a lightsaber. I found my dogs they are indeed mordheim mastiffs. Still have the tabs that go into the slotta bases GW99 on one side Mordheim on the other. I used to play Dwarves for the game and loved the dogs. Got six.

Now I'm excited! Found my tiny ogrynn too. Got five of those. Combine with a couple boxes of jungle troopers (maybe a box of troopers and one command squad) and an order to Forge World for the Elysiam guys and drop /jump packs. I got fluffy human aux for my Tau. I will post WIP. I love conversion challenges.