BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imperial Guard 121st Bifrosti Riptide

So, my Tau-affiliated Imperial Guard, the Bifrosti 121st have themselves a Riptide. In the army list, it's part of the Tau half of the list, rather than the IG allies; the conversion is purely for purposes of awesome.

It's based on a gift from a friend: a Geara Zulu 1/144 scale Gundam model; it has 13 points of articulation, can be reposed in any number of ways, and is easily the equal of any model GW have produced. It's also unpainted - those colours are the colour of the plastic. Also, no glue would be needed; it just fits together.

Also, it cost my friend £18. Oh, and it came on eight sprues, one of which was made of four different colours and two different types of plastic. GW? They are NOTHING compared to the complexity and elegance of this kit. NOTHING. (And I say that as a fan of GW and a man who knows nothing at all about Gundam, and doesn't care to learn; 40K and Westeros is enough for me.)

Oh, and before anyone says "Yeah, but the instructions are in Japanese"? Pah. The instructions are in picture form; I had not one problem. Apart from the one backpack jet nozzle that flew off and needs locating, but that was more a slip of the clippers than a problem with the instruction.

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Riptide, Gundam style.

Mow na mow na mow na mow mow mow, mow na mow na mow na mow mow mow...

---

Seriously though where did he get that wonderful kit?

Brother-Sergeant

It's these kind of inspiring conversions that make me not completely despise the 'full-retard' allies system for 6th edition, just mostly.

This is fantastic, can't wait to see it all gussied up in IG camo. Do you have some pics of your Guard so we can see the paint scheme coming for this guy?

Keep it up!

~Pauly
    My log below
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?36025-The-Addams-Factory

Veteran-Sergeant

Blasphemy! Zeon would never stoop to serve under imperial rule, or associate with fish people. They are the chosen of the future SIEG ZEON!

Just kidding. Nice job man. Although I think this bad boy would look even better with some shoulder pads, and maybe a heat hawk axe attached at the leg.
    Check out my army! http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22717

Occuli Imperator

That just reminds me of liberty prime..
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

There are so many Gundam model kits and for such a cheap price, I could outfield an IG infantry mob with Gundams and Zaku mobile suits. One of the many reasons why I love where I live. Though most of the players around here will give you a lot of hate for using gundam models instead of the actual Riptide model -- even if it is for conversion work.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

Awesome conversion, captures the feel of the Imperial Guard perfectly.

Excellent conversion and idea. Allowing for Tau allies but keeping with a complete IG flavour. Are the shoulder plates missing or does the model look like that? Other ideas I may throw out there as just friendly suggestions (Honestly as-is is amazing): Extra exhaust pipes from the back engine. Maybe a Flag Banner pole or two on the center backpack fin or the tops of the missile packs. Bullet holes along the shield and a couple on the right front side of the torso. And the limbs of a Ork/Nid/Eldar/Dark Eldar/Etc sticking out from under one of the feet (stomped to paste). These are just some simple suggestions. Overall this is an well done conversion.

dude this looks like it took a long time to make great job by the way

YorkNecromancer: That is one smokin' slab of awesome. Freaking good job, man. I want one, and since you were kind enough to tell me the base model, I'm gonna flatter the heck out of your work. I'm assuming it was a Bandai model?

Also, the missile packs on the shoulder racks: from the model, or are those from GW? Just so I know if I need to source some missile packs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast