BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default what space marine army should i choose?

well i have ultramarines and working on some space wolves i just got from a battle force and i have 2 captains (1 i built the other i got out of the assualt of black reach) and then on top of the i have sicarius, marneus,a chaqplain, and a librarian too so i have way too many HQ i'm thinking of taking my assualt of black reach captain and use him for another chapter or maybe even death guard pre heresy (boy do i love them) really all options are open but they must be loyal so if you say like emperors children then make sure you say pre heresy please but i should still get it if you don't really

i'm looking at any loyal legion that was split up into chapters and death guard but i'm open to sugestions

Librarian

If they have to be Codex then (Crimson or Imperial)Fists or Raven Guard 'cause they have great characters, and simple yet very nice scheme. Although Imperial Fist yellow is always a challenge to master.

If they can be other then BT, They have an awesome yet simple colour scheme, kick *** fluff and rules.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Chapter-Master

Grey Knights! WHOOT!

Of course, that requires a lot of conversions...

Go for Death Guard if you like them so much. Unless another chapter catches your fancy. Just check out paint schemes and fluff for various ones.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

I'd also put in my vote for Grey Knights despite the fact that you'd have to convert them so much :P
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

Read the stories of them and which ever one you think is coolest the go for them. I think if I were to build a C:SM army I'd invent a new colour scheme and found my own chapter, or use one of the more obscure colour schemes.

Default pre heresy all the way !

well pre heresy is a big money saver as it permits to play two rule sets

the pre heresy world eaters or luna wolves are very uncommon if you like those colours go for it

Chaplain

Bright Talons!

Librarian

Dark Angels done well always look really nice, there's nothing stopping you using Codex Space Marines to represent them on the tabletop either.

Or Iron Hands, that's a really nice modelling challenge and the only Iron Hands army I've ever played against looked amazingly good on the tabletop
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

It's got to be [URL="http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/"]Space Wolves[/URL]. They're the only army that can give the new Tyranid swarm a sound thrasing in close combat. They're practically designed for killing Tyrgons.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, to be honest I would choose a Xenos force before another SM army, but the new Space Wolves do look incredibly tempting. In a few months the SW bandwagon will be over and those that stick with them will probably be looking pretty good on the table.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast