BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love blood angels heraldry, and you do it great justice!

Occuli Imperator

Ok so I had a few people PM me for some close ups of the Land Raider and the Razorback with Sanguinius on it. Here it goes

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

It's interesting that Blood Angels really do lend themselves to this kind of painting than many others.

BTW, when are you going to send me those new tanks you painted for my army? ;-)

Seriously, those are some nice pieces of work.

John M.

Occuli Imperator

I agree that Blood Angels really do lend themselves to this kind of painting. Chaos would be another one that would do this kind of thing to one degree or another.

I always thought that Blood Angels were supposed to be artists and what not. I figured that a Warrior-artists best canvas is his war gear. Im happy with how it has come out so far.

Right now I have a bunch of Dreads and a couple more LAnd Raiders to do, lets see if I run out of ideas, lol

Duke
    Red text= mod voice

Occuli Imperator

Here are some banners that I painted. I drilled holes in the back left portion of the transports and Iuse the banners to designate if there are troops embarked. I really didn't like placing a model on top of my freehand. each flag corresponds with a certain tank. I tried to bring the heraldry markings over from the tank to the banner. When the troops disembark I put the banner in the backpack of the squad sgt. (once I drill the holes for the sgts.

Red text= mod voice

Brother-Sergeant

I have to say that Duke's Blood Angel's graphics look even better in person. The photos don't do the work justice.

Beautiful work. Now I need to go smash my BA tanks haha
    letsagetabitarockin!

Occuli Imperator

I just hope that I haven't painted all of the vehicles in vain. If the new BA codex comes out and Mech sucks for them Im going to have a great laugh (and probably a few curses).

Duke
    Red text= mod voice

They look great man, but I think you are right, the Death of mech is upon us and I think that all your great work will be out the door if you are playing competitively. I have already retired 4 of my rhinos!

You got a solid foundation of painting. I found that every time I painted a tank, I got better and Im sure you will find the same. Advice? (He emailed me and asked for it!) Your colors look a little flat. Do exactlly what you have done, but start with a darker version of your colors, then work up layers to a lighter version. For example the skull. Paint it bestial brown first, then do lighter and lighter shades of brown, using less and less, all the way through Bleached bone to white. By the time you get to white, you are only touching it onto the most raised edges of the skull like the nose bridge, eye brows and teeth.

I would say more but the preggo fiance is putting her feet in my face which is a clear signal for me to rub them.

Jawaballs!

I'm not usually a huge fan of freehand work on tanks, but I must say that with the amount of highlighting you did, they turned out very nice.

I'd really like to see a shot with your entire army on the gaming board so we can see how they would look as part of a full scale army in the context of war.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast