BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sons of Medusa Chapter

Sup BoLS!! Here is a little thread on my army for 2013: The Sons of Medusa. I'll try to post finished stuff here, but you can see tons more behind the scenes at my blog: [URL="http://www.blackflag-gaming.com"]www.blackflag-gaming.com[/URL]

First off, I love the new Iron Hands rules, specifically the Clan Raukaan Supplemental. The Sons of Medusa, being a successor to Iron Hands, will look awesome all decked out with the cool new wargear and warlord traits. While their fluff is sparse, there is just enough direction to stay true to their roots, while putting my own spin on things. I will be doing a pretty mechanized force, with a lot of the latest and greatest equipment the Space Marines have to offer. The look is more of the classic color scheme vs the later design illustrated in the Imperial Armor Badab stuff. Bright green armor with black secondary and white helmets. I have tons in production, but here is what I have done so far...

Enjoy!

Tactical Marines
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	som_tacs_group.jpg 
Views:	837 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	6237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	som_tacs_2.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	6238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	som_tacs_3.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	6239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	som_tacs_4.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	6240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	som_tacs_missile.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	6241

Stormraven

[URL="http://blackflag-gaming.com/2014/02/sons-of-medusa-stormraven/"]See More Here[/URL]

Bike Mounted Master of the Forge

Last edited by Keith Alexander; 02-18-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added Master of the Forge

Fly Lord

Wow Keith - that is a super nice punchy green! Looking forward to see that color on some vehicles.

Also welcome to the Lounge!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Wow Keith - that is a super nice punchy green! Looking forward to see that color on some vehicles.

Also welcome to the Lounge!
    Thanks! I actually have a Stormraven I just completed. Hope to take some pics this weekend.

Its always great to see some more of Ferus' boys kicking about! Your painting is crisp and clean... good work I look forward to seeing more.
    Iron Hands fanboy since 2008.
    Iron Hands [4k], Brotherhood of Iron [1k], Sons of Medusa [500]

I suggest maybe adding some of the red dust to the troops boots and lower legs to tie them in to the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by euansmith View Post
    I suggest maybe adding some of the red dust to the troops boots and lower legs to tie them in to the bases.
    Great suggestion. I've gone back and forth on this. I plan on trying it with my scouts. I'm just worried it will come out muddy. I would have to do it really subtly. We'll see.

First-Captain

I like the paintwork, and the rusty nut, bolts and rivots work well, but I do have one slight critisim, the running marine in the 4th pic, his torso looks to be far too twisted to look realistic, it glares out the moment you look at it, perhaps you might want to repostition slightly to look mor natural.

Incase you don't understand me, look in a full length mirror and try twisting into the same pose, you'll get my meaning then

updated with Stormraven. Check out the LEDs!!

Battle-Brother

Wow, very nice. It is so Green it needs a Sister of Battle in the Pilot seat, a #10 painted on the side, and a GoDaddy logo on each wing.

Just kidding...Well Done!
    Rangerrob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast