BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Macragge's Honour - A Horus Heresy Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and Neil Roberts

[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/macragges-honour.html"]Order here if you're so inclined[/URL]

There's a video on Youtube linked there as well showing off their wares.

$125
    THE STORY
    In the aftermath of the Word Bearers' attack on Calth, the wounded Kor Phaeron flees aboard his battle-barge Infidus Imperator, intent on returning to the war that now rages across the entire galaxy. But the Ultramarines First Chapter Master Marius Gage -- under orders from Roboute Guilliman himself -- has taken the mighty flagship Macragge's Honour in pursuit, and the battle to come will surely be remembered for all eternity. Cut off from their Legions and with no hope of reinforcement, the crews of the two vessels stalk one another to the very edge of reality... and beyond.

ABOUT THIS BOOK
    This collector's edition graphic novel is bound in black leather, matching the lavish design of Visions of Heresy and the gaming books produced by Forge World, complete with marker ribbon. Featuring full colour illustrations by series artist Neil Roberts, every silver-edged page sees Dan Abnett's epic tale brought vividly to life. This edition also features special additional content -- a glimpse behind the scenes of the book's creation and extracts from the original script.

ORDERING AND SHIPPING INFORMATION
    Macragge's Honour is available to order for nineteen days only from the 20th of December 2013 to the 8th January 2014. All orders within this period will guarantee you a copy.

As we're printing and binding Macragge's Honour to order you won't receive your graphic novel until approximately ten weeks after the order date. By placing your order, you hereby consent to us delivering in this time. Rest assured, we'll keep you informed of your book's journey through the process via regular emails, and we'll even send you an extra surprise or two to keep you entertained while you wait. Please ensure that you add [email][email protected][/email] to your email contact list.
    Last edited by Bigred; 12-20-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Sounds cool, but the price is a bit steep for my wallet. Still, it'd need to be graphic to tempt me. I want to see chainswords throwing off chunks of meat and chips of ceramite.

Initiate

At £75 I think I'll give this one a miss, will be the only book I don't get so far, but am not paying that much for a comic book!

Would really like it but why does GW insist on putting these things out as limited edition collecters copies? To expensive. If it was out as a normal soft back at £30 i would snap it up. and i don't even like space marines!!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kay View Post
    Would really like it but why does GW insist on putting these things out as limited edition collecters copies? To expensive. If it was out as a normal soft back at £30 i would snap it up. and i don't even like space marines!!
    I have to agree with you there. This is just a tad too much for me to justify. Especially when compared to other premium graphic novels. £30 would have me buying, £75 not a hope in hell I'm afraid.

The artwork featured isn't even that great compared to some of the marvel pieces I have.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 12-20-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I have to agree with you there. This is just a tad too much for me to justify. Especially when compared to other premium graphic novels. £30 would have me buying, £75 not a hope in hell I'm afraid.

The artwork featured isn't even that great compared to some of the marvel pieces I have.
    Plus they can cut out the "Extra's" at the back of the book and just give us the ACTUAL graphic novel. Its a beautiful thing to know exists on the earth, but do they really think we are all lunatics? Surely they must realise that if they price it cheaper they will sell more and could tempt us with an actual graphic novel series?
    Iron Hands fanboy since 2008.
    Iron Hands [4k], Brotherhood of Iron [1k], Sons of Medusa [500]

Librarian

I have a copy I picked up early at an event at Warhammer World.
    It is very good but not essential to the HH story.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

The art looks nice. However the comic script bubbles ruin it. And as for the actual text itself? Sorry it just reads cheesy like.
    For me it takes the "novel" status away and makes the HH a bit kiddiefied.
    I shall ignore its existance.

Looks great; reminds me of Alex Ross' beautiful Kingdom Come series for DC. That said, the price is unfortunately ridiculous, like most GW products. I'll have to pass.