BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Red face Female paint schemes

Hi all!

I got into WH through my boyfriend.

My first army I painted purple and silver with pink highlights on areas.
    I now current paint my naids pink and purple.

The guys I've played with seem to find my paint schemes funny. My painting is awesome, I'm really pleased with them so don't see why guys laugh.

Just wanted to know opinions on models being more female colours. Or if there is any other female players that paint girlie schemes.
    Last edited by Digi.Em; 12-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Chapter-Master

My buddy, who did two tours in Iraq as a Marine, paints his tyranids like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00191.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	6242  
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Digi.Em View Post
    Hi all!

I got into WH through my boyfriend.

My first army I painted purple and silver with pink highlights on areas.
    I now current paint my naids pink and purple.

The guys I've played with seem to find my paint schemes funny. My painting is awesome, I'm really pleased with them so don't see why guys laugh.

Just wanted to know opinions on models being more female couloirs. Or if there is any other female players that paint girlie schemes.
    I fiddled with a pink chaos scheme a year or so ago, I struggled with it to be honest. Not that I don't like pink as a colour but I found getting it to look right a bit of a challenge. This guy was just a sample.

I personally don't think of pink as a girlie colour and I happily wear pink shirts all the time. I'm certainly not girly either . Truth be told pink only up until recently was actually a colour associated with baby boys and blue was associated with girls.

[url]http://www.omg-facts.com/History/In-Western-Culture-Pink-Was-The-Color-Or/13470[/url]

Welcome to BoLs
    Last edited by Deadlift; 12-20-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

My marines are Rainbow Warriors and my Dark Eldar are purple, so that may count

The two DL's are basically the epitome of machismo, and they're down with it so I think if a guy laughs it's because he's stupid

My eldar are painted with white, pinks and purples which are traditionally girlie colours. Paint your models however you like and damn what anyone else things is my advice.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

The Nobz in my Ork army are also purple.

I think any paint scheme that looks good is worth it. Who cares what others think..

Here are some nice paint schemes in "girly" colours.

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Glad to see other embracing pink and purples

Well here's two of my big naids. I'll get a picture of my marines and my rhino they are really girly looking. My rhino is purple with pink spots lol

My painting isn't as good as some shown here. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naid.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	6311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naid1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	6312

Brother-Captain

Pink was once considered a manly color;
    [url]http://forgottenhistoryblog.com/pink-wasnt-always-considered-a-feminine-color-and-blue-wasnt-always-masculine/[/url]
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

I love those Necrons!

Battle-Brother

pink or purple are not really my favorite colors and I wont wear any of those, but I use a lot in mzx colour schemes. What ever colour suits a miniature go for it. I know someone he painted his high elves army in pink and light blue and the base design is made of cotton like they are floating on clouds.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 01-02-2014 at 12:22 AM.