BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How about the sanguinor? He's supposed to be heresy era guy...pops up when needed...would be cool if he was a perpetual with Oll Persons blade....would explain his ability to show up when needed....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

No, Mephiston is possessed by a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh, a Keeper of Secrets. Take a look at the Chaos Daemon's 5th edition codex, particularly the entry for the Keep of Secrets, and Mephiston's entry in the Blood Angel's 5th edition codex.

The amusing thing is that in his 2nd edition version, he had the profile of a Warhammer Fantasy Battle Vampire Lord from the Undead army book.

Librarian

Agree that Meph is more daemon than perpetual, going off the current codex. Look at that statline, looks a lot like a greater demon. the Sanguinor is some stupid BA thing that need not exist.

People talk about how old Dante is, but look at Eldrad. He was alive in the HH, and with some handy dandy ret conn-ing is still alive today. That makes him over 10k years old. Unless there is some other Eldrad that I'm aware of.

Librarian

i missed the demon retcon gonna have to get a hold of a copy to have a peruse myself....... meph is fulgrim!!!!!

as for sanguinor, yeah he doesn't make sense, another 'lets get a heresy link'. but supposing he is indeed the 10k+ old dude GW hint at...... he could be in a warp rift like LotD and appear out of nowhere, to go back again when he's done (like that PoS GK).

eldrad is eldar though they are all like that, and he was half crystal anyway. as for him being dead.... the story got rewound and he is alive...... just like tycho

Brother-Captain

I think Mephiston is more likely walking along the fine edge of a blade. One misstep and he will be a daemon prince.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I think Mephiston is more likely walking along the fine edge of a blade. One misstep and he will be a daemon prince.
    Agreed - the current fluff seems to hint he's in a dangerous position, but is not yet "corrupted".

Brother-Captain

How can Thawn be the last perpetual? Where do they go? Is it like Grimoire of the Rift and he has to switch his class to Heritor?

I think it's more like "the last to be discovered."

If some ancient Eldar prophecy says there are X Perpetuals, and they already know the locations of X-1 of them...

Brother-Captain

Personally, all this recent lore regarding perpetuals is ridiculous to me. I'd be much more happier with them going into detail about the Illuminati and the search for the Star Child.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

If something isn't ridiculous it doesn't belong in 40k (or any science fiction really).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast