BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New siege assault vanguard, tyrants legion and IA2 pdf's

Thank you FW and merry christmas! My astral claw siege vanguard just got updated, and how!!!

Assault centurions as troops
    Hunter or stalker or hyperios squadrons in heavy
    Fire raptor, storm eagle/talon/raven as fast attack

Im one very happy bunny today!

Sorry no linky as ive posted from my phone, can someone do the honours please.

Happy days!

Brother-Captain

You're not the only one who is happy. I'm loving that list as it is so much more suited to my Imperial Fists style of warfare than the regular Codex list allows for. Squads of tanks as heavy choices and an extra heavy choice, yes please!

Here's the pdf's:

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/S/Siege_Assault_Van.pdf"]Siege Assault Vanguard Army List[/URL]

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tyrants-Legion.pdf"]Tyrant's Legion Army List[/URL]

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/IA2faq.pdf"]Imperial Armour Vol 2 Second Edition Errata[/URL]
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Thanks brakkart. Your right on the fists front too, its a far better list for them i feel.
    Ive been waiting to fill my 4th heavy slot and now i can, two whirlwind hyperios i think.
    Lovely jubbly.
    Do you already have a vanguard or will you be altering your fists to make one?

Brother-Captain

Right now I've just been steadily building a force without any specific army list for it, just basically getting what is required (3 tac squads and a scout squad so far) and then whatever I like the look of, or is bought for me by friends and family (or I can find cheap). got about 3k points worth now in all and still got loads I want to add to it as plan on having the whole of the 3rd company and lots of support from the 1st, 10th, reserve companies and the armoury eventually. This list looks a lot more suited to the Imperial Fists as they are siege masters and so fielding squads of tanks (Mmmm Vindicators...) and batteries of Rapiers and such is right up their alley. Plus I can field a squad with those cool boarding shields now, been itching to get those for ages just had no way to use them before.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

As amazing as this is, it's seems slightly op. First First thing that I noticed was was the siege can give a single vehicle Interceptor... Like the hunter. That makes the hunter literally twice as good as before, since now it can slam its S7 Armorbane shot into land raiders from across the table.

That Mr Schmidt would be exactly correct on the power front, it is. However, the siege objective makes it very hard to get wins.
    The list has to be played ultra aggressively or you get draws at best. Trust me, i've played several games and still haven't won.
    Im no wargames rookie and have placed very well in tournies, but this list is a real challenge.

Wooo they finally updated the siege list! im happy as hell. It was always fun to use. Plus they added well needed units to it. only thing that bugs me is that so much was moved to elites. But oh well ill deal with it.
    Purge the Weak!

also the objective makes winning very difficult. Ive won more then ive lost with this list. But if someone holds that objective its such a pain to get. It makes it challenging with this list its no easy job to take it.
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Schmidt View Post
    That makes the hunter literally twice as good as before, since now it can slam its S7 Armorbane shot into land raiders from across the table.
    Except the siege list can't take the hunter or stalker.

Edit: I'm an idiot - didn't see Artillery units can be upgraded to them .
    Last edited by Neelam; 12-22-2013 at 01:49 AM.

The addition of dedicated AA and AAA to the list was seriously needed. Having to charge headlong accross no mans land against hellducks was suicide. Im loving the idea of assault centurions as troops too. Now to find a way of making them look good. Hmmm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast