BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Question about the Vargheist kit.

Afternoon.

So as per my thread about the book, I've started collecting Vampire Counts to play through Sigmar's Blood.

And that means Vargheists, a most hitty unit!

Trouble is, I'm not that fussed for the models overall, due to crest of spinal hair. But the tortured spines of the Crypt Horrors look really cool.

Anyone know if I can build Vargheists using the Crypt Horror spines? Hard to tell from the available photos if the spine bit would interfere with the wings?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

It has been a while since I worked with this kit, but I think at worst a little cutting and greenstuff will male it work.
    War Painting Services is a full service assembly and painting commission service. If you have a project you want done email me for quotes at: [email protected]

I won some of these on a popular auction site the other day and am waiting to turn them in to Daemon Princes - I've not yet got hold of them but I spent a while studying other people's reviews/conversions of the kit and I believe so. I do know that the arms aren't poseable though, so it all depends whether they connect to the front torso or back torso. Should be too difficult a conversion, at any rate.

Brother-Sergeant

They go between the front and back. Some cutting to fit and green stuff for gaps should make it work.
    War Painting Services is a full service assembly and painting commission service. If you have a project you want done email me for quotes at: [email protected]

Doing some further research, I found some pictures where someone had swapped the backs:

[url]http://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-Show-us-your-Vargheists-Crypt-Horrors?page=3[/url]

Not clear how much conversion was necessary, but looks straight forward.

Brother-Sergeant

Looking at those pictures Ben, I think they most they did was cut of some of the extra spines, and that's a maybe. They could just fit together easily.