BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default 2014 Schedule Roundup

2014 Warhammer 40,000 Schedule Roundup

5 books minimum, more if they can be fit in.

Tyranids
    Imperial Guard
    Orks
    Space Wolves
    Dark Eldar
    ------------------
    Blood Angels
    Necrons
    Grey Knights

WFB Releases mixed into the year as well...
    Dwarfs
    Wood Elves
    Brettonia
    Last edited by Bigred; 12-22-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    2014 Warhammer 40,000 Schedule Roundup

5 books minimum, more if they can be fit in.

Tyranids
    Imperial Guard
    Orks
    Space Wolves
    Dark Eldar
    ------------------
    Blood Angels
    Necrons
    Grey Knights
    Sisters....right.....right...PLEASE!!
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Dubious, and I would say based on 'these haven't been done yet' informed guess work.

It's the 'more if they can be fitted in' line that does it. Surely they're either underway or they're not?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Sisters....right.....right...PLEASE!!
    Agree.

So not a mention of Sisters then? Really!

Would have hoped for something in 2014

Maybe they should just ret-con the fluff to ‘find’ that long lost founding of Female Space Marines.

Yeah.

It's not like you got something for Sisters this year.

Oh. Wait.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yeah.

It's not like you got something for Sisters this year.

Oh. Wait.
    Full Codex? with more than a single troop choice.

We have 8 units in the entire codex ignoring HQ (Celestians, Repentia, SoB, Seraphim, Dominions, Retributors, Exorcist, P.Engine).
    There are some codex's who have that many in one force org slot.

Slightly more seriously, it would be disappointing if they used the electronic codex as a 'reason' for not releasing a 'full' codex for some years if ever.

Yet the work they put into it is more than just lip service to the range.

Now what that bodes I'm genuinely in two minds about...

1. It's an acknowledgment that what went before wasn't enough, and is more of a thought out stopgap until they can get around to doing it fully.

2. It's a sign they've been working on a full book for a while, but for whatever reason it's going to take a while (I reckon they'll be getting a Necron/Dark Eldar treatment when they are fully done. Not just 4 or 5 kits, but the entire range built up from scratch).

I don't think it's a sign of 'take this and be grateful' release. I see it as a lot more positive than that, a sort of 'really sorry guys, but the full shebang is gonna take a while due to the amount of work it will need. But in the meantime, please accept this humble offering, giving you all the perks of 6th Ed army selection'

Sisters are a massive project, as they have only one plastic kit in the Immolator. Troops need it. Heavy weapons need it. New units need to be devised, and fit with the established feel of the army (not necessarily the background, which is mutable. But imagine if they suddenly just got mental hard HTH only units. That would shift the niche of the force).

The E-Codex (still unclear if we can expect a Direct Only actual printed edition myself) is a show of good faith, a counter to those adamant on the interwebs that they've been Squatted, just like the Dark Eldar, Tau and Necrons were.... They put more work into it than one might expect of 'look, here. Now shut your whining'.

Battle-Brother

Yet the work they put into it is more than just lip service to the range.

Now what that bodes I'm genuinely in two minds about...

1. It's an acknowledgment that what went before wasn't enough, and is more of a thought out stopgap until they can get around to doing it fully.

2. It's a sign they've been working on a full book for a while, but for whatever reason it's going to take a while (I reckon they'll be getting a Necron/Dark Eldar treatment when they are fully done. Not just 4 or 5 kits, but the entire range built up from scratch).

I don't think it's a sign of 'take this and be grateful' release. I see it as a lot more positive than that, a sort of 'really sorry guys, but the full shebang is gonna take a while due to the amount of work it will need. But in the meantime, please accept this humble offering, giving you all the perks of 6th Ed army selection'

Sisters are a massive project, as they have only one plastic kit in the Immolator. Troops need it. Heavy weapons need it. New units need to be devised, and fit with the established feel of the army (not necessarily the background, which is mutable. But imagine if they suddenly just got mental hard HTH only units. That would shift the niche of the force).

The E-Codex (still unclear if we can expect a Direct Only actual printed edition myself) is a show of good faith, a counter to those adamant on the interwebs that they've been Squatted, just like the Dark Eldar, Tau and Necrons were.... They put more work into it than one might expect of 'look, here. Now shut your whining'.
    All good comments.

The new Codex contained more changes than I expected. Changes to SoB min unit size been the most important. The E-Codex could have had a lot less changes if they had wanted to save time. It is a bit too useful now as an ally codex.

It’s almost like a faction of GW (design studio?) are trying to keep them alive while finding it difficult to get sign off for D.Eldar style release.

I think that if they wanted to Squat Sisters, they would have done it pre Grey Knights with a Codex Inquisition. That boat has sailed now.

So we wait again for a ‘full codex.
    Out of the list of armies in the 1st post, I had only read rumours about the first four. Hastings had mentioned the first three so those will be quite solid.

Pretty sure GW aren't in the business of dumping existing lines, as they still bring in the bacon.

Likely the issue is that other armies require less work overall to churn out a new release. Take Eldar as on example. New toys for them were Wraithknight, plastic Wraithguard, the Flier, FC Character and plastic character (I think. Suspect I'm missing something). Compared to SoB, they have a wider player base, and overall didn't need all that much work doing to them. Cost is effective.

SoB? Rock and a hard place for fitting them in. Other projects will bring in money for less outlay, yet a well constructed SoB revamp and entire new range will bring in big bucks too.

Chapter-Master

Dubious, and I would say based on 'these haven't been done yet' informed guess work.

It's the 'more if they can be fitted in' line that does it. Surely they're either underway or they're not?
    Just because they are being worked on doesn't necessarily mean that they have a date to be finished by. From what I understand of the codex/army book writing, someone basically picks one up as and when they have a good idea of what to do with it, rather than there being a strict schedule (at least, that's what JJ once said). But just because someone is working on a writing a book, that doesn't necessarily mean there are people available to sculpt new models, produce artwork, layout the book or even capacity at the printers. I think they have a rough release schedule, but I get the impression it is quite flexible.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast