BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Searchlight versus Flyers???

This question has likely been covered, but not that I have seen. It came up at a tournament recently and a conclusion could not be reached.

How does the community feel about the interaction of Searchlights versus zooming Flyers??? Can a flyer be illuminated and hit at normal BS? Thanks

Battle-Brother

No cause the rules for search lites doesn't alter bs, just ignore benefits of nite fighting, u snap shot at fliers to represent the speed that there traveling at
    Last edited by mikeramos; 12-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Chapter-Master

You don't shoot a searchlight. It isn't a weapon. It simply negates night fighting.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Hey dark link I thought he meant if u use a search lite on a flier can u hit it at normal bs

Chapter-Master

Yes, but that would imply that searchlights allow you to ignore the snap fire rules and shoot at full bs. You would still have to snap shot at the flyer. The searchlights just mean you ignore nightfight.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

the search light has nothing to do with the ballistic skill. all it does is take away the "stealth/shrouded/may not be shot at" benefit target units enjoy while night fighting is going on.