BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Kharybdis assault claw

Employed by many Legions as their primary ship-to-ship assault craft, the Kharybdis is a monstrous drop pod capable of carrying large assault forces through the void and mounting significant firepower to blast a path through defending small craft.

As a fully operational dropship, Kharybdis assault claws also serve as orbit-to-surface transports, a role that allows them to use the firepower of their storm launchers and melta cutters to scour clean their chosen landing zone before disembarking their deadly cargo.

Some aggressive commanders employ the Kharybdis as an effective tank hunter, ramming enemy armour in daring low-altitude attack runs.

Complete multi-part resin kit designed by Will Hayes. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from the 3rd of January.

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_KHARYBDIS_ASSAULT_CLAW.html[/url]

Battle-Brother

Default New from forge world

They just put this on their web site

Kharybdis assault claw

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  4.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	6302Name:  image.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  4.0 KB

Employed by many Legions as their primary ship-to-ship assault craft, the Kharybdis is a monstrous drop pod capable of carrying large assault forces through the void and mounting significant firepower to blast a path through defending small craft.

As a fully operational dropship, Kharybdis assault claws also serve as orbit-to-surface transports, a role that allows them to use the firepower of their storm launchers and melta cutters to scour clean their chosen landing zone before disembarking their deadly cargo.

Some aggressive commanders employ the Kharybdis as an effective tank hunter, ramming enemy armour in daring low-altitude attack runs

Complete multi-part resin kit designed by Will Hayes. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from the 3rd of January.

Legion basilisk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	6304Name:  image.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  4.3 KB
    As cohesive fighting forces able to operate and conquer in any theatre of war, the Space Marine Legions maintain their own mobile heavy artillery units. The long-range cannon armed Basilisk is one of the most common artillery units used by the Legiones Astartes and has proved its effectiveness both for protracted bombardments and as a defensive weapon against enemy armour.

This complete multi-part resin and plastic kit designed by Blake Spence includes two Space Marine crew members. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from the 3rd of January.
    Last edited by mikeramos; 12-23-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Brother-Captain

Man I love how massive this thing is, I mean look at it:

It towers over a regular Drop Pod and is almost twice as wide too. Plus that is a lot of missiles it's packing! and I just have to get me some of these:

Nice pic of it without all those filthy Iron Warrior markings. three of these will look glorious in yellow and black and fit right in with the Siege Vanguard Army List (the next time it gets updated to add these in as a heavy option).
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Just need some rules for it! Its not in Massacre.

Bet Chaos can't use it....they take away our dreadclaw and then give us a new bigger one....but not for us
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I love the Astartes Basilisk. As a bonus, you should be able to use the Medusa gun to make it an Astartes Medusa with no conversion needed.

I am waiting for reciprocity though. I can't wait to see what the Imperial Army and Adeptus Mechanicus Land Raiders will look like.

Chaplain

I already have 3 Basiliks (one of them is modular and can be used as a medusa), but hey, i like the astartes-pattern-basiliks and, can you ever have enough basilisks?

Anybody knew, if it has a modified armour value? 12/12/10 open topped? I guess it shuld have bf 4 :-)

The big claw is an imposant model, but it is more apocalypse style. Too expensive to make great use of it: i.e. in great numbers
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Librarian

i cant say im going to be able to get one anytime soon im hoping the big claw spawns some awesome ship/hulk boarding dioramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon View Post
    I already have 3 Basiliks (one of them is modular and can be used as a medusa), but hey, i like the astartes-pattern-basiliks and, can you ever have enough basilisks?

Anybody knew, if it has a modified armour value? 12/12/10 open topped? I guess it shuld have bf 4 :-)
    Nope, same stats as the IG version, just a Tac marine more expensive and BS4.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Nope, same stats as the IG version, just a Tac marine more expensive and BS4.
    Yup.

And they do horrible things to a Legion List!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Scout

You would think the legion basilisk would have an auto-loader or something, just seems beneath fred the astartes to have undergone genetic manipulation and rigorous training to stick shells in a big gun for a living...